• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

my subjects. help :| (1 Viewer)

haircolourcrazy

HSC
im doing

ancient history
studies of religion 2
biology
english standard
music
community and family studies

and i honestly dont know what course at uni will use those subjects :'(

i wanted to drop bio this yr and pick up legal but i got told its 2 late. at least that way some of my sbjects would mesh togetehr, but now im stuffed :(

i was thinking about primary teaching, but as im not doing any maths, and im DESPERATE to drop bio i dont know what else to do :(

is anyone else in the same sort of situaton and can help on what they did?

- alice xx

hello99999

HSC
Most uni courses don't have any prerequisites, and although it helps if you've done similar subjects in HSC, it isn't entirely necessary to have done so. Even if the course you want to do at uni does have prerequisites, the universities usually offer "bridging" courses to allow you to catch up.

The most common prerequisites for uni courses are usually 2/3/4unit maths, chem, physics, english advanced. But this is only for a few courses. Get a copy of last year's UAC guide- your school/ career's advisor should have it somewhere; you'll see what I mean.

Are you desparate to drop bio because you don't like it, or because you think it won't help you get into uni courses? If it's because you don't like it, and you're sure you can't pick up any other courses, at least you can drop it at the end of the year if you want to.

Remember that the most important factor unis take into account when determining who they will accept into a course is your UAI (i.e. the indicator of how well you performed in your courses), not which courses you actually took.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)