• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Marks (1 Viewer)

allGenreGamer

Wat sort of marks r u guys getting in this subject? My average is about 75%, is that considered to be ok?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
The system is made so that the marks you get at school don't mean much. Just a way of ranking students.

If you did extremely hard tests and the highest mark was 50%, but then everyone does well in the HSC with 80+ then your assessment mark will become 80+

Be more concerned with your ranks rather than marks at this stage.

Rahul

Dead Member
yep like ragerunner mentioned, focus on maintaining as high as rank as you can. then later in the year you can more accurately estimate how well you are going, compared to others, ie- possible hsc marks.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
See the rank screws me up because im coming 1st / 2nd but in a really small/ not highly academic school .. so i wouldnt have a clue wat im coming compared to all the other schools! Im getting in the top 80s

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mazza_728
See the rank screws me up because im coming 1st / 2nd but in a really small/ not highly academic school ..
LOL...I don't know why but I laughed when I saw:

"Hey guys I'm 1st......

but it's a small school/not-highly academic"

A physics mark of 75% is "okay" (you've made these threads in other subject forums too...) - why don't you ask your teacher on parent/teacher night or wait until you get your half yearly report (if given) and trial exam marks to see whether you're going "okay" or not ;)

It's too early to tell if you're Class of 2004 - and you've had 1 assessment task (or two).

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mazza_728
HAHA - for some reason Huy u piss me off
Okay... :confused:

That's not my intention mazza. I'm reading over my post again, to see what could have 'pissed you off'. I didn't laugh at you if that's what you were thinking, it's just a "funny" laugh because it's quirky?

For example: "I came third in my class, but our class contains 4 students" - something like that. And I was trying to put things in your own words (for example "okay") because that's how you described a mark of 75% - I believe 75% to be a lot better than just okay when it comes to Physics, as my class' average for Physics had been somewhere between 50 and 60% - well below your okay mark.

As for my advice about parent/teacher evenings, I was being sincere in saying that your teachers would know you better than I would - they're teaching you, they see you on a weekly or daily basis, they know your strengths and where you are weak, they'll be able to give honest and genuine advice about how well you are going, following the half yearly, trial and subsequent HSC examinations. As I have said, it is way too early to be asking for "status updates" as to how well you are going, if it's okay, average, well above average, or not. That's why I said to wait until you do a few more assessments so you can see if you're on track for your desired marks, and later your UAI.

No harm intended mazza, none whatsoever. (I don't mean to piss you off - maybe you're just reading it wrong, or sarcastically... but I was being serious, as I am now). :)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
hey huy yeah its kewl i understand i think i was crappy when i read ur msgs and im just like :chainsaw: sorry dont mean to take it out on you xoxo

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by allGenreGamer
Wat sort of marks r u guys getting in this subject? My average is about 75%, is that considered to be ok?
Well for the prelim course I got an average of 87% which was 1st, and the second person had theirs in the 60's. So ranking wise Im doing well but it isnt really an academic school so...

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
At my skool, u cant really tell where u are in the state...we had like 9 students...we never practiced any extended responses...n didnt do the pracs in the syllabus, all the irrelavent though!
I came fourth,gettingh 79%..and after that the marks dropped..the difference b/w me n the person who's third is of 1 mark! n yeah im hoping for a raw of 80+, hopefully mid 80's ...i was a bit upset about my skool assessment mark...but it seems ok, as long as i did well im my Physics HSC exam! :)

n yeah i went to a very non-academic skool as well!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)