• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Major Assignment Consultation, For IPT students also! (1 Viewer)

psychiclobster

HSC
ok, im a complete n00b here, so if i get flamed/helped, just fine....

Anyway, im not sure how many schools are doing the major software project (im from Oatley Snr Campus) but it involves making a large project that would either assist teachers/students in a specific course....
I have chosen IPT, & as such need to get some feedback from them....
i know like 80% of software students do IPT anyway (at least at my school)
heres some thoughts...

What features would make studying easier for you?
If there were to be a small game included, would you be more distracted, or would it clear your mind to study further?? (something like PONG, no Starcraft or ROMS, sry...{although...})
Would you prefer summarised points with images as backup, or a Quiz-like program? possibly a combo of both?

im summary, try to think of something that would assist you in the IPT subject, & post it here...

Thx for reading this (if you didnt.....) then how could u be reading my threat??

HSC
alright i go to oatley too, who the hell are you :p SDD A or SDD B

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
All games would distract students from studying. Especially when the best study is done as sold study without distractions, etc.

HSC
LMFAO ben i think you know who i am

well if you want tips for study techniques, multiple choice, definitions, link up the list (you guys should of got a sheet on it, we did), remember its "sample program" its only worth 8 marks out of 80, focus more on documentation

psychiclobster

HSC
hmmm.....i know it's only 25 marks, but i'd still like to get the best possible mark for this asdsessment, ive put a lotta work into this one, even though i have started l8

Hey im typing this at the kiosks!! rofl, the keyboard sux/!!

psychiclobster

HSC
woah its steven, i didnt think it was u cause last time i saw ur posts ur image waz different.... i spent exactly 3 seconds wondering who it waz... oh well

ive got a general layout of my program, so here we go...

To start, we display a form that asks you to enter your name. this name is then recorded & used throughout the entire program...
Then, we display another form, which provides 2 cmd buttons. they are 1. Study Section, which provides about 3 pages of keynotes for my topic. 2. is a quiz section, which tests what you should of read in the study section...
Im gonna add(this period)

thats pretty much it.... if u wanna c what ive got u can look at it in IT, not as if we do anything there neway.

yes i know this program has a a complete lack of innovation, but innovation is not what the assessment requires.... all it needs is good design, a crisp, simple method of getting the job done.... programming is not a religion, its a tool.

HSC
its due in a week, you can always expand on what you should put it in hte defining and understanding the problem stage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)