• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

living in melbourne (1 Viewer)

Cziffra

HSC
N/A
Hi! I'll be attending Unimelb next year. I know some of the members here are currently attending Unimelb. I'd like to ask for you guys' opinions on accommodation options in Melbourne.

1) Where do you guys live now? Are you looking for someone to share an apartment/flat for 2006?

2) How did you guys go about searching for places to live? Did you wait until you arrive in Melbourne to find a place? Any good areas to recommend?

3) For students who don't live in university-affiliated halls, do they usually share an apartment or a flat? What would you guys recommend? I think I can handle a 30 mins travel (one way) to the campus each day.

4) Is there a residential hall that's particularly popular amongst medical students? Which hall has the best academic atmosphere?

Thanks in advance for your help! I'm eager to meet with you guys in Melbourne next year!

Last edited:

Cziffra

HSC
N/A
By the way, it'd be great if you can tell me your weekly rent, distance from the uni, and how much you pay for transportation, hydro and electricity. I know it's different for everyone, but I'd really like to have a rough idea and to determine my budget for next year. Thanks a lot!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Cziffra said:
Hi! I'll be attending Unimelb next year. I know some of the members here are currently attending Unimelb. I'd like to ask for you guys' opinions on accommodation options in Melbourne.

1) Where do you guys live now? Are you looking for someone to share an apartment/flat for 2006?

2) How did you guys go about searching for places to live? Did you wait until you arrive in Melbourne to find a place? Anywhere good areas to recommend?

3) For students who don't live in university-affiliated halls, do they usually share an apartment or a flat? What would you guys recommend? I think I can handle a 30 mins travel (one way) to the campus each day.

4) Is there a residential hall that's particularly popular amongst medical students? Which hall has the best academic atmosphere?

Thanks in advance for your help! I'm eager to meet with you guys in Melbourne next year!
the two on campus accomadation places i have stayed in are queens and ormond
ormond being cooler, and a nicer place yet older
you will be looking at 300 a week, and thats all food catered...
ormond hall reminds me of hogwarts, its an awesome place
though i will say queens has a better academic atmosphere

Cziffra

HSC
N/A
would like to find out the average weekly rent (utilities included or otherwise) for a room that's reasonably close to unimelb (about 15 mins walk to the Uni). how much is considered reasonable?

how much does it cost to ride the tram in melbourne each way?

thanks heaps guys!

Last edited:

jennylim

HSC
lil_dudette said:
how do you apply at university of melbourne if you are living in sydney?
just thought id ask
through VTAC. or direct application if your course requires that (and medicine doesn't). it's quite simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)