• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Level 300 subjects help (1 Viewer)

dodo444

HSC
N/A
Hi guys, I just wanted to get some advise on the following level 300 subjects that I am about to take next semester.

Please feel free to answer the following questions for the listed subjects.
Difficulty: ?
Fail rate: ?
What did you like/ dislike about the unit: ?
What are the important topics ?
Did you get a higher or lower mark in this subject than you expected?

ACCG340: Auditing and Assurance Service

ACCG310: Corporate Accounting and Reporting

BUSL301: Corporations Law

ISYS114 - Introduction to Systems Design and Data Management

Finally, how many subjects do people usually take in their final year? and is taking 4 subjects too stressful ? :uhoh:

Thanks for reading me !! any advise will be fully appreciated :wave:

Last edited:

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
ACCG340: Auditing and Assurance Service
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate.
Fail rate: I would imagine it's low.
What did you like/dislike about the unit? It's just another boring accounting unit, nothing to like or dislike about it.
What are the important topics? The audit trail, auditor independence, basic auditing techniques;— stuff like that.
Did you get a higher or lower mark in this subject than you expected? Higher as usual;— distinction.

ACCG310: Corporate Accounting and Reporting
Difficulty: Difficult.
Fail rate: High.
What did you like/dislike about the unit? I disliked the content of this unit because it is difficult and time-consuming to study.
What are the important topics? Consolidation accounting, equity accounting, accounting for dividends, accounting for depreciation and impairment, et cetera.
Did you get a higher or lower mark in this subject than you expected? Unexpectedly lower. I got a credit but was expecting a distinction.

BUSL301: Corporations Law
Difficulty: Moderate.
Fail rate: My estimate would be low to average.
What did you like/dislike about the unit? It's somewhat useful in understanding the company structure and relevant legislation.
What are the important topics? The majority of this unit deals solely with the Corporations Act. You'll need to study a little bit of case-law.
Did you get a higher or lower mark in this subject than you expected? Higher;— distinction.

ISYS114 - Introduction to Systems Design and Data Management
I never did this unit.

Hopefully I've been helpful.

Luke.

dodo444

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the input Luke! I was also wondering how many subjects do people usually take in their final year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)