• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Legal studies, Entertainment VET or Drama? (1 Viewer)

HSC
So I'm about to pick my subs for 11 and 12 and I've got one more 2 unit subject to choose. I've pretty much narrowed it down to Legal Studies, Entertainment VET or Drama but I just don't know which one to pick! So after school I want to be a high school PE teacher or join the Navy or Police Force but none of these subjects really relate to PE teaching anyway and I don't want to do biology (I don't particularly like science). The other subjects that I'm planning on choosing are Mathematics :/, English Advanced :), PDHPE :D, Modern History :D, Studies of Religion: I :/, SLR (maybe) :D, English extension 1 (maybe) :S so it might be good if my other subject worked well with those. I did drama in year 9 and liked it but then did year 10 drama, hated one of the units with a passion and moved to elective history but since then I've done the school musical and have kinda got the drama vibe back and I've been hearing about all the cool things they're doing in drama now and am missing it. If I had to pick one subject now I would probably pick legal studies because it seems interesting and would probably be useful for the Navy or Police Force but really I don't know which one to pick! Opinions?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Pick the one that you like the most. Don't worry about post-school stuff as virtually no HSC subject is a requirement to go onto post-school study - unless you're like doing sciences or maths.

Read the syllabuses on the Board of Studies website to get an idea of what you will do - and decide from that.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
It's really up to you and what you like. :)

Though, its good to make note of the opportunities that are possible. IF you do English Extension I, then in year 12 you have the opportunity to pick up English Extension II (which requires a major work), and if you decide on Drama, this also requires a Major Work Oh, I almost forgot too, because you do Modern, in year 12 you could also pick up History Extension - this also has a major (but it really fun!).

Legal Studies has a huge content load, similar to that of Modern History. And you're not choosing heavy content subjects, really only Modern, English and Legal (possibly) so you would definitely be fine regarding that. As long as you're willing to keep on top of everything, you would be fine in terms of workload. (Trust me, I'm doing 5U of History, 2U English, 4U of Social Sciences - and doing fine! n_n)

Check out the Syllabuses as Shadowdude said, look at the content to what is covered, and decided from there. I know for Legal the teacher gets to choose what options we study, so it might be good to ask your teachers what options are usually studied, in order to make sure you you'll enjoy the one they pick.

MOST IMPORTANT: PICK THE ONE YOU LIKE THE MOST. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)