• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Language Techniques in LOTR? (1 Viewer)

Jane Doe

Does anyone know any more language techniques and good quotes to display the language techniques for the book, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring?
So far I have that Tolkien uses descriptive language, other languages e.g. elven, and songs/poetry is used throughout. And also, uses themes of friendship, betrayal/trust etc. By the way, I'm doing imaginative journey.

miss-teek

When I went to this Study Day they said to use camera and lighting techniques. So in my essay I wrote about

the scene where gandalf explains about the ring - it's dark lighting - close up on Frodos face, portraying his fear and close up of the ring which, I quoted Boromior saying is a "pretty thing", looks less dangerous then it appears

i used that scene at the end where Frodo is about to Row off: I used two quotes:
"Of course you are [Sam when Frodo tells him he is going to Mordor alone] and I'm coming with you!"
and
"I made a promise, Mr. Frodo, a promise. 'Don't you leave him, Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to. I don't mean to." - Repitiveness emphasises sincerity

With this scene I talked about journeys creating friendships.

I also talked about when Sam almost drowns, and Frodo grabs his hand and the sunlight in the background signifying the birth of a strong, loyal friendship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)