• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

L plate collision kills wollongong police woman on picton road. (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
smh.com.au said:
A POLICEWOMAN died and her partner, a fellow officer, and three children were injured in a head-on collision with a car carrying learner driver plates yesterday.

Police said the woman, an off-duty Wollongong constable aged 31, died at the scene of the crash on Picton Road in the Cataract area after 1pm.

Her partner, a 36-year-old senior constable, was flown to Liverpool Hospital with spinal injuries. He was reported to be in a serious but stable condition. Three children travelling in their Commodore suffered minor injuries.

Police said the 23-year-old driver of the other car, a Ford Fiesta with L-plates, suffered hip, leg and facial injuries, and was taken to Liverpool Hospital in a stable condition. His female passenger was taken to St George Hospital.

Scott Webster, a freelance photographer who was at the accident scene yesterday, said a police constable told him the woman who died and her partner were both Wollongong police officers.

Wollongong police at the scene were quickly replaced with Lake Illawarra area officers and referred back to their station for debriefing.

Police said they would prepare a report for the coroner.
aource: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/lplate-collision-kills-policewoman/2008/04/20/1208629736691.html

Holy shit. I was driving along that road about 1/2 hour later and wondered why they shut it down. I had to divert along some piece of shit switchback road which had major traffic stoppage because the trucks couldnt get up and down it. Heaps of police were out, it was pretty interesting. You cant even really blame the learner, the weather was heaps bad, i am a pretty decent driver and i was under a fair bit of stress trying to navigate without being able to see and wishing my wipers would go faster.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Was the L Plater on the TV Show Last Chance Learners.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
someone explain the term "draconian sentence".

is it really his fault but? he is technically learning. would you charge a child who stabbed his parent while learning to use a knife? if anything, his accompanying driver should be responsible, because he should be the one in control.

also, isn't it heaps dangerous that l-players don't have break assists?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Theres nothing wrong with the system. Everytime I was caught up in the rain (hell even saturday night on the M4 it came down really fucking hard right before the tollbooths) I have enough sense to slow down.

I reckon having his friends/family in the car at the time is punishment enough. I doubt he'll forget it anytime soon.

josh10

HSC
N/A
Zrap said:
Was the L Plater on the TV Show Last Chance Learners.
you really need to get a hold of your self you piece of s**t you have know idea of what happened or how it has left the learner driver and his female passenger. Have a good think about the crap you are posting it may be funny to you but family does not find it at all 1 little bit funny. Put your self in there place.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
re above. we are discouraging personal insults. you can attack his comments by reason such as the latter part, but nothing of the first part. please, get a hold of YOURself.

it is devastating. i guess rta still has a lot to maul over in regard to l-platers. rather than making the tests twice as long, why not increase the difficulty of the tests? so what if fewer people will pass? it means only the competent ones are on the road.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Read the article, the L-plater was not at fault. The woman lost control of the car.

You know what else is funny? A Ford Fiesta came out on top of a Holden Commodore. A pussy little hatchback saved it's driver but a full-sized sedan killed IT'S driver. So much for big car safety.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Shit though, that would put you off learning to drive for a while huh?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Stevo. said:
Read the article, the L-plater was not at fault. The woman lost control of the car.

You know what else is funny? A Ford Fiesta came out on top of a Holden Commodore. A pussy little hatchback saved it's driver but a full-sized sedan killed IT'S driver. So much for big car safety.
I'm fairly sure the fiesta would've gone into the drivers side at an angle. There's no other explanation, fiesta's have a crash rating worse than motorcycles.

SwEeTiEkEz

HSC
chicky_pie said:
The learner was drink driving, so I hope prison serves him.

And the police woman was engaged just few days ago before she died.
In case you havent read the reports he was not at fault, it was the other driver that lost control and smashed into him. It doesnt matter how experienced you are as a driver there was no way to avoid that..... That 23yr old driver was almost killed and you go and make comments like that when you dont know the story. How about you shut up and grow a brain and think of what he and his family are going through..... and that family includes a 4 yr old daughter!!

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
SwEeTiEkEz said:
In case you havent read the reports he was not at fault, it was the other driver that lost control and smashed into him. It doesnt matter how experienced you are as a driver there was no way to avoid that..... That 23yr old driver was almost killed and you go and make comments like that when you dont know the story. How about you shut up and grow a brain and think of what he and his family are going through..... and that family includes a 4 yr old daughter!!

AHHAAHAHHAAH I can't believe you joined this month and your first post is directed at me, you must be related to the KILLER who killed a police officer. :)

SwEeTiEkEz

HSC
chicky_pie said:
AHHAAHAHHAAH I can't believe you joined this month and your first post is directed at me, you must be related to the KILLER who killed a police officer. :)
You really are stupid arent you....? He isnt the killer, SHE was the one who lost control almost killing him and 4 other people so how can you twist that around to being his fault? You really have no idea about anything do you? He has to deal with enough without idiots like you making stupid comments on things you dont know about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)