• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Jfk (1 Viewer)

*kRiStYNA*

Im a little confused as to how i go about setting up an essay for the topic JFK. Our teacher gave us no structure or formal details in essay writing, however gave us the information we needed. Please can someone email me or post on this site exactly what i need to say in a JFK essay, and the order i need to write in, rather than me just writing all i know in no real order.
Thanks
-insertstrungout@hotmail.com-

Plebeian

Basically, start with an introduction telling which areas of debate you'll discuss, some general comment about reinterpretation and, if the question includes a quotation, link to it.
Then go into discussing your areas of debate, the question will probably ask for two. It is important to discuss them historiographically, ie. don't spend ages narrating all the events of the Cuban Missile Crisis, etc., because the important part is the differing interpretations of the event by the various historians. I'd probably introduce the area of debate and then go through the different interpretations, starting from Sorensen/Schlesinger --> Reeves --> Hersh, or basically chronologically.
It is important to get across the context of each of your historians (ie. why they hold the views they do), you could do this either in a slab before you begin discussing the areas of debate or integrated throughout the essay, which is probably better.

Anyway perhaps the best way is to view exemplar samples, they are hosted
here or more specifically (Hist Ext. from 2002 HSC), here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)