• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is there still a chance for a good uai? (1 Viewer)

asquith

HSC
is there still a chance for a good uai with these subjects, (97>)if i did really badly in my half yearlys? (except for visual arts and history extension)

English 3u
English 4u
Visual Art
Maths Extension 1
Maths Extension 2
Ancient History
History Extension

is there a chance with these subject combinations to get, say 99+? if so, does that mean you would need to come first in everything and then ace the external examinations?

also...if your extension english major work is not going anywhere by now would you advise me to drop it (becuase of work load etc)...but what if your ranking for english advanced and extension 1 is say top 5 in a public school?

final question. if only the top 2 units of english count...and you do three units of english, would you be able to know which two units will count?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
getting 99+ is possible with any subject combinations
those subjects that youre completing are pretty high scaling subjects (eng ext 1 and 2, maths ext 1 and 2)
you are currently completing 13 units, so if you say you did bad in visual arts and his ext, that wouldnt really count, because you already have 10 good units left for it to count towards your UAI

you dont have to come first in everything...just get a really good rank, and ace the externals then youre a chance of getting your desired UAI

If youre struggling in your eng ext 2, and have no motivation, then i advise you to drop it and concentrate on your other 12 units, since the HSC now isnt too far away.

If youre doing 3 units of english, and you did better in ext 1 than advanced, then your ext 1 would count, and half of your advanced would count (1 out of 2 units)
if you did better in advanced than ext 1, then only your advanced counts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)