• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Important: Hsc (1 Viewer)

sebster16

HSC
im a doing 13 units
and i am aiming to get above 90%
In order to study where I want I have to complete the advanced maths course, but it doesnt matter what I get.
Since maths is by far my worst subject, i have stopped trying in it and have instead spent more time on other subjects.
If i am doing really really badly, can my school drop me to general maths, or drop me from maths altogether??? Without my permission??

shady145

Banned
HSC
im a doing 13 units
and i am aiming to get above 90%
In order to study where I want I have to complete the advanced maths course, but it doesnt matter what I get.
Since maths is by far my worst subject, i have stopped trying in it and have instead spent more time on other subjects.
If i am doing really really badly, can my school drop me to general maths, or drop me from maths altogether??? Without my permission??
i think they can only suggest it. unless maybe (not sure) if u pass less than 50% of the course. just have a try at maths, if u really want to get into the course then u'll pass it

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Depends on what school. Some schools can be really strict with regards to things like this.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
i think they can only suggest it. unless maybe (not sure) if u pass less than 50% of the course. just have a try at maths, if u really want to get into the course then u'll pass it
Yo, what school do you go to? Decent ranks, in any case. You should add your cohort sizes in your sig.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
No they cannot, don't worry I've been in your situation before.

yummy-cookies

HSC
They will strongly 'persuade you', but ultimately if you really stand your ground, they probably won't be able to. Be warned though - its really difficult standing up against the combined pressure of your teachers and principal/deputy principals. Don't worry though, you have the be doing really, really, really bad before they really try to kick you out

Dannnyku

HSC
I think it depends on your school. In my school, they made us sit exams and said if you don't get within a cutoff mark, they'll drop you... :mad1:

shady145

Banned
HSC
Yo, what school do you go to? Decent ranks, in any case. You should add your cohort sizes in your sig.
i don't wanna add my cohort haha, it'll make me seem less intelligent coz i go to a small school. im coming 1st in 3u+4u maths coz everyone else dropped out, basically coz i was doubling seconds mark. physics there is only 6, chem only 6, std english 37, business 17,

shady145

Banned
HSC
there's dispute on if i'm the smartest person to ever attend my school, we'll c how it plays out. its only been open for 14 years. the highest uai was 96.15 achieved in 2005. which was the best year my school had.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
there's dispute on if i'm the smartest person to ever attend my school, we'll c how it plays out. its only been open for 14 years. the highest uai was 96.15 achieved in 2005. which was the best year my school had.
No one cares if you're the smartest at your school.

ascentyx

HSC
No one cares if you're the smartest at your school.
+1.

I'm sick of cunts bragging about how good their ranks are. I especially hate it when people say something like 'I'll be dissapointed if i get a UAI of anything less tha 99.5" lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)