• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

im sure this has been asked many times before, but my assessment mark for english... (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
will be a LOT better than my HSC mark...or so i suspect..so isnt there something where if your assessment mark and HSC mark are heaps different then they do...i dunno, something or other...

if anyone understands what im asking, would you care to explain the process to me please??

thanks in advance.

toknblackguy

HSC
do you mean that you want to appeal cause of some unfair condition when you sat the hsc exam?

here's my understanding - if your assessment marks are really good, compared to the hsc, there are 2 possibilities. one; your school was crap, and the assessments were so much easier compared to the hsc exam, giving the thought that you did way better in your assessment marks. two; something happened, maybe sickness, meaning you could appeal for a remark or some liencancy (unsure of spelling)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
nah...there was nothing wrong in the actual exam...its just...i dunno.
my school isnt crap, like lots of other people did shit in the assessments, its just that i did really good..
so theres pretty much nothing i can do...coz i wasnt sick or anything

frederica

phat
HSC
Originally posted by toknblackguy
here's my understanding - if your assessment marks are really good, compared to the hsc, there are 2 possibilities. one; your school was crap, and the assessments were so much easier compared to the hsc exam, giving the thought that you did way better in your assessment marks.
No.

You're wrong.

toknblackguy

HSC
and besides, seeing as how it's "my understanding" i'm entitled to having it wrong :p

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
If your assessment mark is alot better it just means you were ranked highly in school and ppl at your school performend well, but you screwed up the actual HSC.

There is nothing strange about that. I did it for physics, grrr

EDIT: By HSC mark i presume you acctually mean Exam mark

sneeble

Lets say hypothetically hipsta_jess, you got an assessment mark of 90, and an examination mark of 60... Just to claridy - what you're asking is; do they make some kind of special allowance for such a large gap between assessment and exams marks?

I'll stand to correction here, but as I understand it they do not. You'll be given the average of your exam mark and assessment mark. Be it 10 for the exam and 90 for the assessment, you'll get 50.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sneeble
Lets say hypothetically hipsta_jess, you got an assessment mark of 90, and an examination mark of 60... Just to claridy - what you're asking is; do they make some kind of special allowance for such a large gap between assessment and exams marks?
yep, thats pretty much what i was asking..
and damn, i was hoping they would jiggle my marks around or something ;) oh well, at least my assessment mark should pull my exam mark up a fair bit...like, i think i did ok in the exam, but i know ive done ALOT better in my assessments.

sneeble

Keep in mind it's your rank in the class that determines your assessment mark, based on your classes performance in the HSC exams themselves...

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i think what they do is this...

say you came 3rd overall in english at school in your assessment marks and you got say 90%...
then come the hsc exam... you do badly in your exam... your exam mark remains the same however your assessment mark will not..
say the highest exam mark at your school was 95 the person who came first in assessments at your school gets 95 as their assessment mark whether their real assessment mark was higher or low..
then say the 3rd highest exam mark... regardless if it was you or not... was say 85... then your 90 for assessments gets changed to 85... does that make sense..
and then i think your "hsc mark" is an average of your assessment mark which is not 85 and your exam mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)