• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

If I'm ranked in the middle of my grade in a top 50 school, what UAI can I expect? (1 Viewer)

HSC
So, that's the question.

Subjects I do:

2 U maths
Stnd English
Legal
Business
Economics

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Explosions Hurt said:
So, that's the question.

Subjects I do:

2 U maths
Stnd English
Legal
Business
Economics
80-90 for average student at top 50 school. I see many top 50 schools have 50% of its student over 90. So it's likely that you will get over 80 and close to 90 or over that.

HSC
lyounamu said:
80-90 for average student at top 50 school. I see many top 50 schools have 50% of its student over 90. So it's likely that you will get over 80 and close to 90 or over that.
NAMU!! I LOVE YOU!! OMGG!! That's the exact UAI I'm looking for!!

Namu, thankyou soo much. You've made my day. :shy:

HSC
lyounamu said:
Did you also consider my subjects when making your prediction?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Explosions Hurt said:
Have you also considered my subjects when making your prediction?
Yes.

2 of your subjects are scaled well in comparison to 2 other subjects that are not scaled very well. Legal Studies stays in the middle.

Therefore, it balances out. Actually I have seen tonnes of students at my school getting over 90 with even lower scaling subjects. So don't worry. :)

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Re: If I'm ranked in the middle of my grade in a top 50 school, what UAI can I expect

Until Iyounamu gets a degree and is noted as a reliable source for estimation I wouldn't be taking his word as god.

HSC
Re: If I'm ranked in the middle of my grade in a top 50 school, what UAI can I expect

EbonyTW said:
Until Iyounamu gets a degree and is noted as a reliable source for estimation I wouldn't be taking his word as god.
From what I know of him, he has extensive knowloedge of UAI technicals and he knows quite a bit about scaling and what not, so I'll take his word.

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yes.

2 of your subjects are scaled well in comparison to 2 other subjects that are not scaled very well. Legal Studies stays in the middle.

Therefore, it balances out. Actually I have seen tonnes of students at my school getting over 90 with even lower scaling subjects. So don't worry. :)
Are the two subjects that are scaled well Economics and Maths?

runnable

HSC

If around the middle, then it seems to be in the 80s... but that depends on which part of top 50...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

EbonyTW said:
True. I am not an expert but I do have some degrees of knowledge here and there.

My school was ranked 101st and we had 30% of students getting over 90 UAI. And I know that school like Abbotsleigh had 68% getting over 90 UAI when it's around 20s. I am also taking into other schools' results into consideration such as Gosford, Caringbah and Killara High School. Killara had about 40-50% getting over 90 UAI despite being ranked about 40s to 50s. I did rely on some sources on my estimation. I just don't make one from scratch.

And many schools in top 50% do have 40%-50% of their students getting over 90 UAI. My estimation can look far-fetched but you know what, it will prove more accurate than random kid giving out extremely random estimation.

And his subjects are quite balanced as well. So I reckon over 80 is likely with his current result. I am not sure about over 90 though. That's for school like top 20.

Explosions Hurt said:
Are the two subjects that are scaled well Economics and Maths?
Yes.

Maths = 30.1/50
Economic = 31.2/50

Subjects with over average scaled mark of 30 can be considered "middle-high".

Subjects around 25-30 are normal and subjects less than 20 are low.

Or that's what I think.

Last edited:
HSC

runnable said:
If around the middle, then it seems to be in the 80s... but that depends on which part of top 50...
it's actually about 48-50. What do you think?

HSC

lyounamu said:
True. I am not an expert but I do have some degrees of knowledge here and there.

My school was ranked 101st and we had 30% of students getting over 90 UAI. And I know that school like Abbotsleigh had 68% getting over 90 UAI when it's around 20s. I am also taking into other schools' results into consideration such as Gosford, Caringbah and Killara High School. Killara had about 40-50% getting over 90 UAI despite being ranked about 40s to 50s. I did rely on some sources on my estimation. I just don't make one from scratch.

And many schools in top 50% do have 40%-50% of their students getting over 90 UAI. My estimation can look far-fetched but you know what, it will prove more accurate than random kid giving out extremely random estimation.

And his subjects are quite balanced as well. So I reckon over 80 is likely with his current result. I am not sure about over 90 though. That's for school like top 20.

Yes.

Maths = 30.1/50
Economic = 31.2/50

Subjects with over average scaled mark of 30 can be considered "middle-high".

Subjects around 25-30 are normal and subjects less than 20 are low.

Or that's what I think.
Where can I find the table of scaling?

runnable

HSC

Explosions Hurt said:
it's actually about 48-50. What do you think?

Yea mid 80s sounds right to me...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Explosions Hurt said:
Where can I find the table of scaling?
Go to UAC website and type in "Scaling report".

And scroll down to see a table.

runnable

HSC

Explosions Hurt said:
I'm absolutely ecstatic right now! I'm soo happy! Thankyou everyone.

Err... dun get happy now, you have to actually get it...

HSC

lyounamu said:
Go to UAC website and type in "Scaling report".

And scroll down to see a table.
Namu, how certain are you about my prediction?

HSC

runnable said:
Err... dun get happy now, you have to actually get it...
Party pooper :ninja:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Explosions Hurt said:
Namu, how certain are you about my prediction?
Ok. If that's the case, I will need all your current ranks to produce the most accurate UAI prediction. Give me your school's rank and I will do some research in regards to how many people get 90 UAI at your school.

But if you don't want to go through that, I am about 90% certain that you will get over 80. Top 50 school will definitely produce more than 50% of its students getting over 80 UAI.

HSC

lyounamu said:
Ok. If that's the case, I will need all your current ranks to produce the most accurate UAI prediction. Give me your school's rank and I will do some research in regards to how many people get 90 UAI at your school.

But if you don't want to go through that, I am about 90% certain that you will get over 80. Top 50 school will definitely produce more than 50% of its students getting over 80 UAI.
My school doesn't give exact ranks, but I'm pretty certain I'm in the middle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)