• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I Hate It (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Does anyone else want to kill english?
i do good at it but i despise it with everything i have!
with maths there is one answer and theres a way to get there, english has so many answers and millions of ways to get there-- i hate it!! I know what it is, i know what iwant to sayu but i cant say it properly and its shitting me something severe... is anyone having the same problem? :confused: :chainsaw:

crazylilmonkee

HSC
if u do well in it then thats excellent!! i was sooo bad at essays but hey its over for me and it will be over for u in no time!

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
i do good at it but i despise it with everything i have!
If you have that sort of grammar i think you will do poorly!

English rocks! All you logical minds out there who say that maths is better because it has a logical answer are silly! (Wow i have a strong argument i know!) English allows a better understanding of the language that you speak and allows for creativity. Go english!

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Despite my grammer im coming first .. funny that!
I suppose people just have different brains - like maths/science or english/art. but i doubt s2ophie has a brain at all, shame!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
Despite my grammer im coming first .. funny that!
I suppose people just have different brains - like maths/science or english/art. but i doubt s2ophie has a brain at all, shame!
s2ophie does have a point about the grammar.. But I also feel that the lack of one certain answer is what makes, or made English more interesting than Maths/Science. Although there are definately common things you have to achieve to score highly, there are many ways of actually doing that, so it is a forum for comparitive creativity. (The main thing is being able to support your interpretation.)

N

ND

Originally posted by s2ophie
English allows a better understanding of the language that you speak and allows for creativity. Go english!
Although there are definately common things you have to achieve to score highly, there are many ways of actually doing that, so it is a forum for comparitive creativity.
Maths also allows creativity and there are many ways of answering each question, it's just that only good 4u students are able to find the more obscure (but often quicker) solutions. :)

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Maths I hate, Essays I can knock over in a minute, but what really annoys me is poetry (the syllabus seems to coolect the worst poems and combine them), and dissecting texts. English would be good if somebody rewrote the syllabus (so we could just enjoy books and movies, and not anlayse them [which makes them seem shit]), and if they chose decent bloody poetry, other than that it seems good

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
It can be good, it just depends on what you study.

Physical journeys is pretty easy as an AOS but Skrzynecki's poems and some of the texts in the stimulus booklet are too difficult for me and most of the people in my class.

I hate maths, either you're right or you're wrong; in English it depends on how you interpret something.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
depends on what you like

if you like waffling, and bsing, english is for you as you can do it to your heart's content.

if you like to get to the end quickly, find a solution, then it's maths

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
grrr..i hate english as well...i wouldnt be doin it if it wasnt compulsory...i'm definately a maths/science person - the subjects with only one answer thats either right or wrong...

nickw...

HSC
N/A
English gives me the shits, But I do understand the need for it, and through studying it, it does give one a greater appreciation for the literary arts.

For example, does anyone find themselves looking at a film's motifs and the symbolic nature of characters/events to things such as ...well things which they may represent? I hope its not just me.

Last edited:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by babygoose!
grrr..i hate english as well...i wouldnt be doin it if it wasnt compulsory...i'm definately a maths/science person - the subjects with only one answer thats either right or wrong...
:uhhuh:
i so totally damn agree.. i betcha if they calculated my UAI based on my other subs and not english then :D:D:D i'm sur eit'd be gewd :D

wildtiger

HSC
i like STUDYING english.. like going to english classes etc. i think the stuff we're doing is good - say frontline, if it wasnt for english i wouldnt know that those current affairs shows had so many ways of twisting the truth! so actually learning the content is heaps of fun, if there were no assessments then it'd be an excellent subject :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)