• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How many words have you done? (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

OK, I know we should have our first drafts done by now... but I'm sure not all of you are anywhere near that. So how many words have you done?

I've done 3180 so far.

shoo

well, my teacher has basically screwed me over and (because shes the deputy principal as well) has been forcing me to write this bullshit that i dont want to be writing...until a few days ago i ahd about 4000 words written, now, after i realised i had no themes and that my story was shitall, im back at square one...i hope my misery gives you great pleasure...do u reckon theres still a chance for ppl like me who are starting ova to still get good marks?

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
She'll be right shoo. From experience I've wrote four thousand, or close too, in one night.

It won't be hard. When you think about, 6000 isn't alot. You still have more than a term. There are ten weeks in this term. Divide 600 by ten, you get six hundred.

Divide six hundred by seven and you get a little over eighty words a day (I could waste time working it out exactly in my head but it would be far easier for you to get a calcutor).

Eighty words a day is maybe one minute of crap writing, and five minutes or so of thorough, decent writing....

Think of it that way.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Ahahha, hrmmms, ive got just over 2000, but im quite stuck, perhaps i should be figuring out a storyline, but thats just too hard too! My viva Voce is in week four...im sooo screwed. (especially since the other two teachers who will be there seem to hate me...) *wonders why...

zerzillia

urgh. making me feel bad, i haven't counted (they're handwritten) but my drafts should all add up to 3000-something words. maybe more....

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
ok guys I've officially done 2237 words and I have my Viva on Tuesday. We've got the list of about 30 questions we could be asked and my teacher is awesome.... yet I am still really nervous!
Someone tell me it'll al be cool!!

kleptomaniac

HSC
I've done about 6000, give or take. I've only got my final section left to write, thank god!

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I write all the time and that was what worried me. An eight thousand word limit. I attempted to enter the novella and the beginning of my story was four thousand, and nothing major had happened, then I lost interest in that story anyway.

I usually write way more than eight thousand words on stories that end up not even half finished, but I just can't get going on this one. I blame it on the pressure and the word limit.

My viva voice is soon and I don't even have a real plot, just a sketchy idea.

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
ok my Viva is officially in 2.5 hours. My journal is sweet, not worried about that, but we have a list of 30 or so questions which we "could" be asked and omg some of them are so hard. I'll post them up after this afternoon, so that people who are preparing for their Viva Voce can get an idea of what our school did in terms of it.

everyone who has the viva to come, GOOD LUCK

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I think that's part of the challenge though. Having to write a decent story within the word limit.

Also it stops it from draggin on too long...

Aussiechick

HSC
I'm not finished my first draft yet and I have just about 8000 words, I'm going to go way over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)