• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How high is your school in terms of rankings? (1 Viewer)

mack

Banned
HSC
Just wondering, does anyone here go to a really academic school? Say top 20? If so, how hard have your tests been? Because i go to a selective school and they set tests that absolutely noone can do (highest mark for extension maths was around the 70s...lol) I go to school no. 15....See if you can beat that....

untamedanimal

im sure there would be rusers here,which would beat yours because they are 1. if not then definitely higher then 15

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by mack
Just wondering, does anyone here go to a really academic school? Say top 20? If so, how hard have your tests been? Because i go to a selective school and they set tests that absolutely noone can do (highest mark for extension maths was around the 70s...lol) I go to school no. 15....See if you can beat that....
My school is ranked 7th, and I don't think the tests have been THAT hard. There is always someone who gets 100% in every test...even if the average is around 50%...but it really depends on the subject.

Blackalicious

HSC
23rd from 2003 results which is strange because we had a dumb year.....

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
11th...(*shifty look*), depends on which subject you do, but the assessments and the exams are almost as equally difficult, but theres always some prodigy who'll get the top mark. Damn all rounders....

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
my school wouldnt make the top 200, but who cares? if i get a good uai, like 90's it will be so good, i will get so much recognitoin

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Originally posted by mack

What subjects do you do?

In ext1 maths only the 4-Unit people would be expected to consistently get in the 80s/90s. Are you saying that even the 4-unit people get 70s - I always thought that maths test were fairly similar in levels of difficulty - just that some schools are ahead in course content. Having tests too far below/above the HSC level of difficulty would be counter-productive, its just that in Ruse about two thirds of people do 4-unit whereas in some schools no-one does it:p

mack

Banned
HSC
Yep. Not one person, even out of the 4 unit students, got above 70. The average was around 40-50%. Most brutal exam ever. Our school has always been infamous for setting tests noone can do, supposedly they think it prepares us better for the HSC.......

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
my school wouldnt make the top 200, but who cares? if i get a good uai, like 90's it will be so good, i will get so much recognitoin
this is exactly like me.....my skool isn't even in the top 200.....i got a uai of 95.85 n got recognition....became famous!!!!:D i was the star student of my skool......
n now i have become a STAR....at uni 2......my uni friends and tutors don't call me by my name ....they call me "star".!!!!!:)
proud of myself:cool:
so *girl04* , u can becum a star 2.....

Last edited:

Affinity

HSC
mack:
there are many freaks around this forum, especially for maths.

shortie_689

HSC
mack said:

Yep my school is rated like 12th or something and i totally agree its like they do it to freak you out

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
mack I absolutely, absolutely forbid you from doing a coroneos on me. don't.

unmentionable

HSC
my school was 5th last year
the tests this year werent particularly hard...for maths that is

mack

Banned
HSC
cherryblossom said:
mack I absolutely, absolutely forbid you from doing a coroneos on me. don't.
Oh dont worry, this thread has been dug up from months past. I have changed my ways now.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
elizabethy said:
this is exactly like me.....my skool isn't even in the top 200.....i got a uai of 95.85 n got recognition....became famous!!!!:D i was the star student of my skool......
n now i have become a STAR....at uni 2......my uni friends and tutors don't call me by my name ....they call me "star".!!!!!:)
proud of myself:cool:
so *girl04* , u can becum a star 2.....

wow and u'r awfully modest to *msn smiley that goes like this ^o)*

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
lol nick, agreed :p

my school was like 30 something in 2002, then dropped to 50 something...stupid class of 03 :p JK

mack

Banned
HSC
One of my friends went to a school below 500 and got 98.55. So that goes to show you can kick ass no matter what school you go to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)