• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

hlp with ideas for movie (1 Viewer)

wissammuslmani

hey , i was just wondering if someone could help me with some ideas for my major work , i am using video as my medium and my theme is ' the world through the eyes of a child' , i am not sure how to portray this idea by video . Help would be greatly appreciated .
thank you :)

jeska

wow... thats an awesome concept!

hmmm, one thing you could do i suppose is shoot it all from the height of a child's eyes looking up at everything, that would put the concept into perspective.

by portray, did you mean something like that, or content wise?

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
1) make it, in a way,that when people(adults) talk, they talk gibrish.
2) go to a pre school and film some scenes there &
3)get on your knees when you film (like 'jeska' suggested)

I can't think of anymore stuff on the spot

Juventino

soso

HSC
N/A
You could put the alera on a tripod mounted on a platform with 4 castors/wheels so that you could push it along. The camera needs to be at the height of a child

The tripod needs a multi directional head so you can imitate looking up and side to side etc.

Or find a kind, co-operative child to collaborate with and direct them in the making. Document the childs involvement and any interaction. Learn wht a child thinks

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
think about the cognitive activities of a child.. how they might process certain thuoghts that we as adults take for granted... i dont know how you might put this on tape but its just an idea...

also think about children with special needs... how they might see the world differently again..

research about what babies can actually see (like blacks and whites for 6 months i think) and maybe incorporate this into your work??

fantastic idea tho.. well done!

wissammuslmani

thankyou so muh for all ur feedback . i love the idea of filming with the camera at an angle so that it portrays a childs perspective.
i was thinking of doing interviews with kids of different ages ranging from 1 to about 18 ( all will be asked the same questions) this will hopefully show how a childs view on life and other issues changes as they change and mature. is that a good idea or should i maybe do it in a movie/storyline format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)