• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

hey guys....need books (1 Viewer)

leapordfist

HSC
hello everyone, i'm new to this forum, and its great.

i go to al-faisal college and got a second place scholarship for my year and i'm surprised at my own success. well, i wanted to keep it up so i'm going to buy books to study with over the holidays.

i want to get these books so i can get an idea of the course and so i can concentrate harder in class when the content is being presented.

now i don't want to buy a text book, simply because i wouldn't be able to read it all in the holidays(i'm also going on a vacation, so i have only 1 month of studying). i want to get a summary, which is brief but not to brief.

I was thinking excel study guides, they're not very expensive in comparison to textbooks as they sell at approx. 30 $ per book.

i'm taking advanced English, 3U math, physics, biology, chem, and business(i know, its a workload)....

my question is, will the books be sufficient; would they be effective to give a bit of a head start at the year; and are they brief yet not too brief like summary notes.

thanks in advance

-ali

aimhigh10

HSC
i hear excel study guides aren't exactly the best, i think macquarie are a bit better, but i havent used either so im not too sure..

personally im getting private tutoring for chemistry and (hopefully) physics, and then working through my maths textbook w help from my dad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)