• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help with speech! (1 Viewer)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
ive gotta do this english speech on the text's brave new world and blade runner. i have no idea where to start... and im not too sure even if i understand the question!

heres the question...
"consider the ways in which human understanding of and relationship with the natural world is shaped and reflected in our two text, blade runner and brave new world. make sure that you critically analyse the texts in their original context as well as make comparison to our modern society"

its worth 15% of my assessment mark too :(

nerdd

hey i did this for my (oral) english assessment too and got 19/20! so hopefully i can help..? :)

i didn't do your texts though...

basically i talked about how there's this relationship they can't escape.. a "symbiotic" relationship which is a relationship that you have no choice in.. it like always exists.. you can't get out of it.
so i talked about that.. and like well in reference to The Tempest, there's this spirit like figure called Ariel who kinda "controls" the other characters.. so there's this relationship with nature (cause he represents nature being all spirity and earthy) and the humans can't escape it.

I also talked about how their relationship can be built on the benefits they give one another. the better the natural world, the more it could possibly be exploited by humans?

and when you talk about context, make sure you mention like "in _____'s time, society would've thought _______ about the relationship between humans and the natural world"

if you need any more help i can dig deeper into my brain... so let me know.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
that speech sounds exactly like what we will be asked... im not goin 2 be much help but from what our teacher was saying u can talk about how man had destroyed nature and used technology to manipulate it. I havent read bnw or watched blade runner yet but i think thats it. sorry that probably no help at all...

maybe when my speech roles around u can help me out:D :p

BMWM3

i can't help you with your speech but i'm doing brave new world and Blade runner so i was wondering if you could help me with understanding either then that would be good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)