• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP,USYD, i try getting a day off my timetable but the column turns blue (2 Viewers)

cocky

HSC
and nothing is moved. This is for all days.

spence

HSC
That means your classes won't fit into four days

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Hey mate, how did you go in chem?

No sleep,bad migrane = leaving 55 marks out and a maximum possible of 25%
I AM SO SCREWED!!!!!! its over

cocky

HSC
Hey mate, how did you go in chem?

No sleep,bad migrane = leaving 55 marks out and a maximum possible of 25%
I AM SO SCREWED!!!!!! its over
I think i did alright in MC, however the long answers, well half my paper was blank.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Same here, omg Please Prof Bridgeman answer my plea.

Do you do biol 1911 or1001?

bio_nut

HSC
Same here, omg Please Prof Bridgeman answer my plea.

Do you do biol 1911 or1001?
What you asking Adam about? He's normally pretty cool about stuff, but you probably shouldn't have sat the exam if you had a real migraine and have a history of them and could prove it. (if not, it's most likely not a real migraine and they won't care unless you were also properly sick)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Well I was asking him about like getting less then 50 overall and if attendance is good and effort is put can students get a P as in 50.

Yeah this sem has been shit, been on strong meds that havent helped but I never apply for special consideration or the bonus point thing for HSC if you are slightly disadvantaged.

Hey Bio nut I only got 57.5 in the report in biol 1911 I am so upset I put somuch effort in.

McGee said something about mark being scaled up or down but im not sure if he meant overall or report marks.

Heres hoping for a pass in chem and concepts :(

bio_nut

HSC
Dude, most people go awful in that report, sounds like you're going through shit, so be proud you did that well :)

BIOL1911 scaled up when I did it. Just worry about doing the best you can in your exams now, worrying about the other marks adding up won't help now. Extra pressure on you to reach a certain mark probably is't going to help you very much, it will just stress you out.

They may scale either individual components or the whole mark once all assessments are complete, it just depends on how the whole cohort does.

Yeah, see what Adam recommends, he usually tries his hardest to help people to pass.

It'll work out, just keep positive, try not to stress too much and do your best! :)

cocky

HSC
Well I was asking him about like getting less then 50 overall and if attendance is good and effort is put can students get a P as in 50.

Yeah this sem has been shit, been on strong meds that havent helped but I never apply for special consideration or the bonus point thing for HSC if you are slightly disadvantaged.

Hey Bio nut I only got 57.5 in the report in biol 1911 I am so upset I put somuch effort in.

McGee said something about mark being scaled up or down but im not sure if he meant overall or report marks.

Heres hoping for a pass in chem and concepts :(
I got 38.5 but i deserve that cos i did ti the night b4, as usual

has adam replied yet?

Shoom

HSC
N/A
His exact words

Hi Daniel

An overall mark of 50% is required to pass plus a student must pass the lab. As long as you attend 90% of your labs, the latter won’t be a problem.

Oh well nothing I can do but wait...... but its not looking good, oh well.

bio_nut

HSC
You didn't miss labs, did you?

And you really think you went that badly in the exam? You sure you're not exaggerating how badly you think you did? What marks were you on before you went into the exam, you should have had a fair few from tute quizzes and such already

Shoom

HSC
N/A
I got a zero for one prac, because the demo said I had to fill in the states of matter, but when she gave me back the book she already filled them in, so I assumed she signed the lab off.

Next week she tells me I got a zero and she told my lab partner to get me but he didn;t so thats what I was asking about.

Quiz1: 8/10
Quiz2:5/10
Quiz3:8/10

The lab report, 2/2, safety quiz/ 10/10, some other quiz 6/9.

The weird thing is I studied really hard for that test, but I did crap in the exam, I left out around 35 of the 69 long answers and the ones I answered were poor.

It wasnt like thet past papers, it didnt really test the concepts taught sorta.

bio_nut

HSC
Hmm, that's weird, you were going alright before...

Why did you leave out so many, did you run out of time, or really just have no idea? Always try to write something, you ever know, might scrounge a few marks.

Do you know if other people found it really hard too?

Shoom

HSC
N/A
I just had no idea, I was pretty upset, I spoke to a few people some said it was fine other said they left out a few aswell..

From what I figured the maximum I can get is 30-32% in the exam which puts me with an overall mark of 45-46

So, Im positive I failed that unit which is a shame since I actually enjoyed the course.

cocky

HSC
His exact words

Hi Daniel

An overall mark of 50% is required to pass plus a student must pass the lab. As long as you attend 90% of your labs, the latter won’t be a problem.

Oh well nothing I can do but wait...... but its not looking good, oh well.

my fingers are crossed, i only needed 45% in my final to pass but even that is not looking possible atm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)