• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help - how to study for MATH! (1 Viewer)

Khe123

HSC
N/A
I've been sick the past few week unable to do anything. I also feel like I don't know how to do math.....

I'm taking MATH1081+MATH1131 and the latter requires previous ext 1 maths knowledge yet I feel like I'm already behind as I haven't even started a question or got a book ready. how can I get back on track so I don't fall behind? also, do you guys recommend I get a notebook to write all the answers to questions or would paper be enough?

ty

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I've been sick the past few week unable to do anything. I also feel like I don't know how to do math.....

I'm taking MATH1081+MATH1131 and the latter requires previous ext 1 maths knowledge yet I feel like I'm already behind as I haven't even started a question or got a book ready. how can I get back on track so I don't fall behind? also, do you guys recommend I get a notebook to write all the answers to questions or would paper be enough?

ty
Do you have any friends doing the course who may be able to help you?

Is there some sort of course note stuff ready for you to read? They're often designed such that you can read them like a novel. You may need to back-track a bit.

ie: Read a bit, then "Oh I didn't get that", go back to revise that topic, return where you were etc etc.

Also, some Universities offer student support for 1st years. See if your University offers such a service, they probably do.

And I suggest you get a notebook so you can refer back to it. Loose leaf paper will get lost and forgotten.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Read through the theory, listen to the lectures, ask if any of your friends can help you, if your uni has any peer tutoring schemes-then try that as well, also just start attempting the problems-because maths really requires understanding of approaches to take for different types of question-just calm down, construct a plan and follow it:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)