• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Half Yearly Essay Question (1 Viewer)

sarlovesyou

HSC
Ok I got this question as my essay for my Half Yearly last term. I had the foundations for the essay right, just not enough specific detail says the marker.

The question is:

Analyse the impact of Globalisation on global investment and financial flows and discuss the impacts of these changes on Australia's CAD, Foregin Liabilities and Exchange Rate

What points should I have covered?

TIA

conics2008

HSC
Hi. Economics is a solid subject.... They basically want you to write what everybody else is writing. They also want you to use CURRENT stats.

ANALYSE THE IMPACT OF GLOBALISATION ? Break up the question. ANALyse all the impacts and factors that contribute to globalistaion eg trade flows etc etc.

Discuss how it impacts on Global investments/ financial flows. Increase trade flows > increase financial flow hence greater investments etc etc.. look in you're eco book from leading edge topic 1 ....

Explain wtf is a CAD and the factors that strenthgn and weakness the CAD... explain how GOVT can stablise it.. and what impacts this have.. eg if aust imports this increase CAD and if they export this reduces cad.. also explain the policies used to maintain CAD.....

Explain wtf is Exchange rate and explain through supply and demand graph how it works.... then explain the factors of increase in exchange rate and decrease in exchange rate.... make sure you mention that australia use a floating exchange rate system, and it used to use a pegged system...

Its best to start of by definantion etc etc then going in detial... THink of the marker as his stupid and he doesn't know anything about economics..

Believe me when you explain everything lke the terms it helps boost you're marks up.. GOOD LUCK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)