• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Gpa??? (1 Viewer)

freq707

HSC
sorry to start a whole new thread on this, but ive tried to find this on the net and seem to be struggling to find a reply that can actually help me lol

i need to calculate my gpa, im at UNSW, before i go applying everywhere..well uws and uncle haha
i looked on the net and found like 5 diff ways to get it, all giving like a diff answer so...anyone that can confirm how the frik to work it out thankyou :)
i know its high enough, but need to get an actual number

also - when applying for uws, not sure bout uncle yet coz i cant apply (are apps open yet?) there is a box to enter your atar or equivilent...do i put my gpa in there or not haha

thankss

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
sorry to start a whole new thread on this, but ive tried to find this on the net and seem to be struggling to find a reply that can actually help me lol

i need to calculate my gpa, im at UNSW, before i go applying everywhere..well uws and uncle haha
i looked on the net and found like 5 diff ways to get it, all giving like a diff answer so...anyone that can confirm how the frik to work it out thankyou :)
i know its high enough, but need to get an actual number

also - when applying for uws, not sure bout uncle yet coz i cant apply (are apps open yet?) there is a box to enter your atar or equivilent...do i put my gpa in there or not haha

thankss
UNSW will calculate your GPA and your UAI (ATAR equiv, etc) on a 50/50 basis + Umat for interview selection. You should have access to your exam results if you began uni last year and have completed at least one semester.

A pass is worth 4, a credit is worth 5, distinction is 6, high distinction 7 then devide it by the number of units e.g. I got two Distinctions and two high distinctions last semester it equals 6+6+7+7/4 (dividing by the number of subjects that are equivalent to one full unit)= 6.5, you will need to add all semester units and divide by the number of units to get the overall GPA which is required.

UWS: if you are not a school leaver you do not need to fill out the separate ATAR declaration/estimate form. Go here https://mbbsrego.uws.edu.au/ +
MBBS 2010 Application Information | University of Western Sydney (UWS) and read the info booklet pdf. first! Also fill the GWS declaration if you meet the criteria.

Basically they don't ask you about what course your doing, unless it's adv sci at UWS (as there are 6 places reserved in the interview for them), they will get your info and GPA from ur uni through UAC which also handles university transfers and non-standard entry, etc. Below is part of this years online application form at UWS, you will need to fill out the relevant ATAR sections and give your UAI/ARTAR if you completed yer 12 before 2009, etc.

UWS application form said:
  1. Are you applying as a:* School Leaver (either current or non-current)
    Graduate
    Please refer to the definition of non current school leaver or graduate for more information.
    If you are applying as a school leaver, are you completing Year 12 in 2009?* Yes
    No
    Are you a current UWS Year 1 B.Science (AdvScience) student?* Yes
    No
    If you completed Year 12 before 2009, please indicate the year of completion: Year:
    If you completed Year 12 before 2009, what was your ATAR (or equivalent rank)? ATAR:

What High School did/do you attend? High School:
    Postcode:

If you are applying as a graduate, please indicate the year of completion: PLEASE NOTE: If you are completing your degree after 2009, please apply as a non-current school leaver.
    Year:
UNCLE/UNE is pretty simillar to UWS just fill out the application form online, tick the box that says your not a school leaver and that you are doing uni, etc. Type in your umat no, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)