• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

got a surprise offer to UTS - where can i stay?! (1 Viewer)

dfm

HSC
so i was never ever expecting to be offered a spot at UTS, but got unbelievably lucky i guess, now im trying to work out where to stay - im cut up sydney uni village doesnt let in uts students but i saw the uts residences which looked similar - is there any chance of me getting in there for 1st semester as a full time hecs law/bus student?thanks heaps for feedback.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
there are many apartments in the city.. where they rent out rooms to students..

however downside to this is.. most of the ads ive seen say Girls only... or Asian prefereed....

its pretty discriminatory.. but thats the reality .. quite sad i no.. but you may be able to find accomodation further west

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
Dingo2004 said:
there are many apartments in the city.. where they rent out rooms to students..

however downside to this is.. most of the ads ive seen say Girls only... or Asian prefereed....

its pretty discriminatory.. but thats the reality .. quite sad i no.. but you may be able to find accomodation further west
i don't understand why they prefer asians or girls? i'm both but whatevs, thats not the point. talk about discrimination.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
denise_ said:
i don't understand why they prefer asians or girls? i'm both but whatevs, thats not the point. talk about discrimination.
I think it might be because the people who own them are asian and might prefer people from their own race or similar?
and i guess guys would like a girl flatmate, and girls would of course prefer girls

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
goan_crazy said:
I think it might be because the people who own them are asian and might prefer people from their own race or similar?
and i guess guys would like a girl flatmate, and girls would of course prefer girls
oh. okay =) well if i lived in one of the UTS villages i'd probably want to live with a girl or guy whatever race i don't care as long as you don't make too much noise and can clean up after yourself. jeebus, is the asian population large or something? I must've been living under a rock ever since the HSC ended =/

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
denise_ said:
oh. okay =) well if i lived in one of the UTS villages i'd probably want to live with a girl or guy whatever race i don't care as long as you don't make too much noise and can clean up after yourself. jeebus, is the asian population large or something? I must've been living under a rock ever since the HSC ended =/
I was actually suprised, I thought there would have been way more asians in my course, and at UTS in general. But there are more at UNSW i've heard.
But o well, I like how UTS is very multicultural its cool. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)