• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

George Bush's Resume (1 Viewer)

Dominic

HSC
N/A
RESUME

GEORGE W. BUSH

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

Washington, DC 20520

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

Law Enforcement:

I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.

Military:

I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

College:

I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:

I ran for U.S. Congress and lost. I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock. I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a

sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money. With the help of my father and our friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:

- I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.

- I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.

- I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.

- With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

- I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.

- I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.

- I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.

- I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.

- I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.

- I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

- I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market. In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues every month.

- I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after

her.

- I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President.

- I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.

- My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron.

- My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision.

- I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip- offs in history. I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.

- I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history.

- I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

- I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in U.S. history.

- I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.

- I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.

- I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.

- I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.

- I refused to allow inspector's access to U.S. "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.

- I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).

- I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.

- I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period. After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.

- I garnered the most sympathy ever for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.

- I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind.

- I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.

- I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families in wartime.

- In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends.

- I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.

- I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.

- I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

-All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.

- All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

- All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

PLEASE CONSIDER MY EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING IN 2004!

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
The influence of the big corporations in US politics amazes me - especially with GWB here but also in terms of shaping policy through lobby groups. Regardless of their personal beliefs, practically no US president will have the balls to go up against the oil or rifle (not big business, i know, but a big lobby still) lobbies anywhere near the extent people might like.
How much influence do you think companies have in Aust politics?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I'm opposed to Bush but you do realise that a lot of the michael moore stuff is propaganda right? I mean with all these differing lies flying around we can never know what really goes on in the world...

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
australian politics is too mucch to comprehend at the moment, let alone thinking about american! damn! u guys are crazy for findin all that stuff

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Dumb or not, Bush was smart enough to realise that the strong conservative vote is enough through carry him to an election.

It doesn't mater if he disregards/isolates all the minorities in his country as long as he has those who'll vote for him because of his strong Christian and family values.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I have never understood how he became President if he actually lost the election. How did it happen? Please don't say his brother and dad helped him. You can say that, but how did they:confused:?

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
his brother jeb is the governor of florida. in florida ex-felons cannot vote, and this means a disproportionate number of african-americans, many of them convicted for petty crimes, are struck of the electoral roll. african-americans vote democrat normally, so getting rid of them means a big obstacle out of the way. what they did in florida was they got this company called database technologies to create a database with these felons' names, and at the same time to ensure that those with similar names, even if they weren't felons, to be disallowed from voting. this cast the net really wide, and many african-americans who weren't ex-felons found that they couldn't vote on the day.

and there was the issue with the ballot paper, cos unlike australia, all the states have a different ballot paper. it was confusing.

and then the supreme court, who has some very rabid conservatives, gave the presidency to bush.

so that's it in a nutshell, hope you understand it.

the reference to him losing the election means firstly that al gore got more votes than bush overall, but given the electoral college system, the votes were not spread as such to the states which gore needed to win.

"officially", bush won by 537 votes in florida, but given the dodgy circumstances...

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
mic said:
his brother jeb is the governor of florida. in florida ex-felons cannot vote, and this means a disproportionate number of african-americans, many of them convicted for petty crimes, are struck of the electoral roll. african-americans vote democrat normally, so getting rid of them means a big obstacle out of the way. what they did in florida was they got this company called database technologies to create a database with these felons' names, and at the same time to ensure that those with similar names, even if they weren't felons, to be disallowed from voting. this cast the net really wide, and many african-americans who weren't ex-felons found that they couldn't vote on the day.
How did they get away with that:eek:?

mic said:
and there was the issue with the ballot paper, cos unlike australia, all the states have a different ballot paper. it was confusing.
Why would that make it confusing:confused:?

mic said:
and then the supreme court, who has some very rabid conservatives, gave the presidency to bush.
I see, but why did it go to the courts in the first place? Was it because of the above issues:)?

mic said:
so that's it in a nutshell, hope you understand it.
Yeah, thanks for that:).

mic said:
the reference to him losing the election means firstly that al gore got more votes than bush overall, but given the electoral college system, the votes were not spread as such to the states which gore needed to win.
I don't really understand that. What is the "electoral college system":confused:?

mic said:
electoral college system"officially", bush won by 537 votes in florida, but given the dodgy circumstances...
Oh, so do they take it on a state basis? What I mean is, do they give you one vote for each state so it is out of 52? For example, if you get the majority of the votes in California, you get one vote, and if you get the majority of votes in Texas you get another vote. Do you understand what I am saying? Sorry about all the questions:).

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
the ex-felons thing is a law in florida. also the then secretary of state Katherine Harris was also the chair of the Florida's electoral board, even though she shouldn't have been there, given her political biases. so she made the list, and database technologies is a Republican donor, so it worked out quite well.

they have this funny ballot paper known as the butterfly ballot in florida. and you have to use this thing to punch in this hole next to the candidate's name. the butterfly ballot was confusing, so some ppl ended up voting for pat buchanan, who is this conservative outside of the republican party, instead of al gore. some realised their mistake, and punched in the al gore hole, meaning they had voted for more than 1 candidate, which voided their vote.

so there was all this hoo-ha about the ballot paper problems, and about recounts. gore wanted recounts of certain counties, and also counting of votes which had holes which had been slightly punched in. these i think were at first considered informal votes. i think these were the pregnant chads. there were also the hanging chads lol. look it up on google. the republicans didn't want the recount, because from all the votes being recounted, it looked like the democrats were gaining votes. so the whole thing ended up in the supreme court after both parties appealed beyond the state courts.

the electoral college system is really complicated. basically, each state has a certain number of electoral college votes. so california off the top of my head has 51. so whoever wins california gets the 51 votes. and ultimately whoever wins the most electoral college votes, remembering that some states have more votes than others, wins the presidency. florida was the deciding state, meaning that whoever won this state would have become president.

here is a site which talks about the electoral college: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Electoral_College

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
mic said:
the ex-felons thing is a law in florida. also the then secretary of state Katherine Harris was also the chair of the Florida's electoral board, even though she shouldn't have been there, given her political biases. so she made the list, and database technologies is a Republican donor, so it worked out quite well.
What I meant was, how did they get away with removing those with similar names, even if they weren't felons, from the electoral role:eek:?

mic said:
they have this funny ballot paper known as the butterfly ballot in florida. and you have to use this thing to punch in this hole next to the candidate's name. the butterfly ballot was confusing, so some ppl ended up voting for pat buchanan, who is this conservative outside of the republican party, instead of al gore. some realised their mistake, and punched in the al gore hole, meaning they had voted for more than 1 candidate, which voided their vote.

so there was all this hoo-ha about the ballot paper problems, and about recounts. gore wanted recounts of certain counties, and also counting of votes which had holes which had been slightly punched in. these i think were at first considered informal votes. i think these were the pregnant chads. there were also the hanging chads lol. look it up on google. the republicans didn't want the recount, because from all the votes being recounted, it looked like the democrats were gaining votes. so the whole thing ended up in the supreme court after both parties appealed beyond the state courts.
I see, thanks:).

mic said:
the electoral college system is really complicated. basically, each state has a certain number of electoral college votes. so california off the top of my head has 51. so whoever wins california gets the 51 votes. and ultimately whoever wins the most electoral college votes, remembering that some states have more votes than others, wins the presidency. florida was the deciding state, meaning that whoever won this state would have become president.

here is a site which talks about the electoral college: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Electoral_College
Thanks, I will have a look at that site now:). Thanks again for all your help:).

Rorix

HSC
is brother jeb is the governor of florida. in florida ex-felons cannot vote, and this means a disproportionate number of african-americans, many of them convicted for petty crimes, are struck of the electoral roll. african-americans vote democrat normally, so getting rid of them means a big obstacle out of the way. what they did in florida was they got this company called database technologies to create a database with these felons' names, and at the same time to ensure that those with similar names, even if they weren't felons, to be disallowed from voting. this cast the net really wide, and many african-americans who weren't ex-felons found that they couldn't vote on the day.
Actually, African-Americans generally don't vote. Guess who was a big advocate of pushing the law that felons shouldn't be able to vote? Bill Clinton. (Although Florida first introduced it in the 1800s, Clinton was an advocate of introducing it in other states). Clinton is a Democrat, you know?

The only thing that matters is on the ballets. It doesn't matter what people "say" they meant to do, it matters what they actually do. Post election it's really easy to find any number of people who might say that they think they intended to vote for a given candidate, but the only record of actual intent is that ballot.

To argue differently is to enter a world of hypotheticals. I'm pretty certain I could find a couple of thousand registered Republicans in New Mexico who would be willing to swear that they intended to vote for Bush but weren't certain whether their vote was counted for him or not. Does that mean that New Mexico should have been swung into the Bush column?

Obviously not.

Why then, on the same argument, should we expect Florida to swing to Gore?

Of course, if you want to venture into hypotheticals, why don't we compute the numbers of votes Bush lost in the Florida panhandle (central time zone) due to the Networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, MSNBC, CNN et al) calling the Florida election before the fucking polls in Florida closed?

mic said:
The Florida Court decided to only recount 3 countys with differing standards of judgement in each recount, which is obviously not fulfilling its duty of equal protection. The US Supreme Court gave the case back and told them to correct the standard i.e. a state-wide recount using the same standard. The Gore camp declined because they knew it was a losing proposition. You don't know what you're talking about.

Wow, and if you count the population of the states Bush won it ends up higher than the population of the states Gore won. Does this matter? No. Clinton never won a popular vote either. The winner if the election is whoever gets the electoral college votes.

the electoral college system is really complicated
Oh, I find it quite easy to understand, possibly because I'm not a retard.

he ex-felons thing is a law in florida. also the then secretary of state Katherine Harris was also the chair of the Florida's electoral board, even though she shouldn't have been there, given her political biases. so she made the list, and database technologies is a Republican donor, so it worked out quite well.
The county was run by Democrats. The election board was run by Democrats. The precincts were dominated by Democrats. You're suggesting that in a county run by Democrats that Republican operatives came to town and monkeyed with the election? Is that really what you're suggesting?

If the record doesn't state Gore, it can't be given to Gore. This is real easy stuff.

Rorix

HSC
Asquithian said:
Could you be a little more paternalistic and arrogant?
OK.

Inferring that people are stupid because they disagree with you is not a great trait to bring into your university career
Actually, I don't think he's stupid for disagreeing with me, I'm judging his intelligence from the argument he puts forward and the way he writes.

...one day you may be asked to argue both sides in order to present some kind of balanced answer so as not to appear as a partisan wanker...not presenting both sides or dismissing an argument as totally invalid makes you look narrow...

Yeah, because I talk on the Internet exactly the same way I do in real life :)

Even though some of us argue the converse to what you argue at least some of us understand the other argument and can see merit in...Your strongly dismissive attitude can only you grow in arrogance and inhibit your ability to understand anything other than your own viewpoint
Oh, there's a converse side. Which I understand well. It involves elections being run at the county level thus already entailing unequal treatment of voters.

However, 'The Supreme Court gave the election to Bush' or 'Gore would have won the election if not for X, Y' is just stupid. I guess you could say I'm bigoted against stupidity.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Merethrond said:
I have never understood how he became President if he actually lost the election. How did it happen? Please don't say his brother and dad helped him. You can say that, but how did they:confused:?
the supreme court ruled him in and the supreme court are his families buddies

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
r=Rorix said:
However, 'The Supreme Court gave the election to Bush' or 'Gore would have won the election if not for X, Y' is just stupid. I guess you could say I'm bigoted against stupidity.
yes they did, yes he did

Rorix

HSC
Asquithian said:
mic is a girl
oh, couldn't care less. just put a 's' in front of my 'he's.

the supreme court ruled him in and the supreme court are his families buddies
yes they did, yes he did
Dear Sir/Madam,

In your haste to add your insightful and informative posts (which, while I'm on the topic, are always appreciated for both their humour and educated commentry by all members of the board), you may or may not have scrolled past several of my fallacious objections to your viewpoint. Perhaps you can amend my misguided ways by responding to the points I raised.

Thank you,
Rorix.

How was that Asqy?

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Thankyou for the nice reply, but your still wrong.

Al Gore had more votes
George Bush had less votes
The Supreme court ruled in favour of Bush
He was the first president to be instated by the Supreme Court
The Supreme Court is full of the Bush families buddies.

Simple conclusion, GEORGE W. BUSH LOST THE ELECTION

jameseginton

HSC
You have got to be joking. If he is such a bad president and decieved the public, why is he getting a second term? This crap just goes on. Your only complainning cause the democrats lost the election to an idiot. I support the Republicans but Bush is an idiot, and you know that your stuffed when you cant beat an idiot. Im sorry Gore had the oppurtunity to win if he had of use Clinton. The whole idea Bush didnt win Florida is just fanciful. If the democarts were meant to win they would have won another seat. You lift wing radicalists are as bad as those people who reckon there was no moon landing. Any sight of something that goes against your opinion, you sert upon it and find ways to disprove it. You reckon Micheal Moore would make his bullshit films if he was good looking and people liked him. He's an attention seeker and has managed to trick a lot of people

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Lucky that the Americans only allow their presidents to serve two terms before they have to get booted out!

Think about it, the Howard haters in this country don't have that sort of... security. At least the Bush haters in the USA can sit back, whether the next 4 years and know that there's absolutely no way he can ever come back.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
*proxy post*

some days are diamonds, some days are stones says:
im arguing with the dumbest guy ever
unfortunately my computer keeps crashing when i try to reply
its happening 4 times

22 Acacia Avenue...for a good time says:
obviously hes also a leet hax0r

he's so dumb

22 Acacia Avenue...for a good time says:
or god is a leftist

asqy told me to be nice
im trying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)