• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Flip-Flops (1 Viewer)

allGenreGamer

In the HSC, could they ask you how the flip-flop works in detail? Because I find it extremely difficult! The latch, clocking and edge-trigger component's operation methods are so complex... thanks.

sunny

meh.
HSC
allGenreGamer said:
In the HSC, could they ask you how the flip-flop works in detail? Because I find it extremely difficult! The latch, clocking and edge-trigger component's operation methods are so complex... thanks.
Its quite possible - it is the basis of that entire topic after all. If you have anything you are unsure about, feel free to ask on these forums.

Last edited:

Doogsy

the main thing to remeber is that they are able to hold values of data through recursion. they just keep feeding data through a logic gate over and over again, so it is able to keep its state. You will probably need to be able to draw on too.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
my teacher told us we should learn there function (data memory through recursion, like doggsy said)and how to draw one. not the explaination and detailed writing on one. but my teacher has some funny ideas on somethings!! hehe

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
there's two flip-flops as well

i know with the umm NOR flip flop

1 0 we haev a value
however this flips back to 0 0 , which is the holding state ,
then if it flips to 0 1
and back to 0 0 , we have a new number in the memory

and yes remember a switch never stays up on 1 it always goes back to down to 0

oh and when both switches go to 1 1 , then whatever was in the memory is lost , and then well you're fucked

i dunno if this differs in the NAND Flip flop

sunny

meh.
HSC
All the flip flops essentially behave the same way - they all act as a one bit memory device. They just have different flaws and methods of setting/restting.

There are state tables that you can remember instead.

Ghost1788

HSC
hey what a book that does this option very well especially the logic gates and flip flops

sunny

meh.
HSC
I think all the books give a good explanation...but if you need convincing you should google more details on the FFs instead.

switchblade87

HSC
Surprisingly, I find the Excel book quite helpful on this option topic, especially flip-flops and adders etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)