• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

finishing the 4u hsc exam (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

inspired by the 3u forum.. how manny ppl finisht eh 4 u exam??

FinalFantasy

HSC
kadlil said:
so its not possible to finish the 4u maths exam?
it is possible, last year Giant Lobster got 120\120 in his CSSA trials:p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It is possible.

What is contested is whether or not it is possible for your average (and among the elite, average isn't bad) 4u mathematician to finish the exam in 3 hours. And if it is not, then how is the exam an accurate diagnosis of one's abilities?

And while I think Derek gets quit passionate about these things, he does make a valid point.

But alas, I suppose that is the HSC all over for you.

SeDaTeD

HSC
It can be done, but not a lot of people do. I finished it but did not complete it, if that makes sense.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It's exactly that type of acquiescent attitude which indirectly prevents progress towards a fair HSC.

HSC
True. They didn't change the HSC for 30 yrs, they're not gunna change it again for a loooooong time. I think that attitude is most definitely a DIRECT reason for the lack of a fair HSC. Besides; being blase isn't an attitude, it's a lifestyle:p

justchillin

HSC
Yes its hard 2 finish the exam, but if you're prepared it isnt impossible. The hardest thing is eliminating careless errors becasue (even if u get 15/15 for q8) if u make careless errors along the way you're gonnnne...

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
its possible to finish
i finished but could only do like 4 marks out of the last question

if u mean finish as in do every question, thats a little more difficult

shafqat

HSC
N/A
I always found it difficult to finish the 4u exam. There's so much packed into it.
I hope they're not changing the course any time soon. I don't think there's that much wrong with it, and any changes made will probably be along the lines of those made to the physics and chemistry courses.

FinalFantasy

HSC
would be interesting if dey made mx2 a rote learning course like dey did w\ physics:p

lfc_reds2003

Of course Mr JustChillin has finished every paper he has attempted in a lil over 2 hrs.... he is an absolute freeeeek

Me on the other hand... 1 hr? maybe question 1 :D

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
would be interesting if dey made mx2 a rote learning course like dey did w\ physics:p
How exactly would that be interesting? ;-P

ishq

brown?
HSC
Kadlil, your sig says you want to do Ext1 Eng in Yr12, but you only do Adv in Yr11.... How does that work???

Time it took me to do my first CSSA 4Unit Exam (yesterday): 9 hours (including breaks, checking up textbooks again and again because I had forgotten stuff and getting disheartened for 40 minutes after reading the conics question etc)

Hows everyone going in terms of doing past papers? I know Rench has got about a million done...

Antwan23q

God
HSC
ive just been doin revision for all my subjects and i did all the end of topic questions for 4 unit in the arnoalds book. i am yet to actually to finish last years CSSA test papers. il do it today tho

casebash

HSC
I need to get the whole paper out because i only get 70-75% of the marks for questions i solve. How long do you have?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)