• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

exercise and sports science (1 Viewer)

vj88

HSC
im tossing up between acu and uws .................i was wondering what peoples opinions on these two were?
need a quick reply in time to change preferences on the 4th of jan

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
Last edited:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
wollongong has exercise science. thats where im heading. it will be sweet

vj88

HSC
thanks again for the reply D. with acu despite the fact that it leans towards pdhpe and the timetable is there anything else that is bad or good about it

u said that u have to pick 2 sports . ...doesnt that depend on which strand u choose to study or does everyone have to do it.....from looking at the website it looks as if it depends on the strand u choose (Wellness, Health and Rehabilitation, or Physical Education and Coaching) etc

thanks again

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
I just had a look through the website myself (thinking has anything changed?), and from what I can tell it hasn't. The problem with ACU is that what I told you about sports units they don't tell anyone until orientation. I remember before choosing ACU myself, I searched their website with a fine tooth comb, and found no mention of what I learned once I was there.
You only choose your strand after first year, and in that first year is when they have sport units like: go play cricket, go swim, go lift weights, etc. There's no mention of these units because they're not HECS, but you still have to do them. That's the problem with a degree that isn't dedicated to one particular field. Why do you think UWS changed their's to a dedicated Ex Sci degree, and ditched the general sport studies, and sport management? Plus, why would you do work experience from the end of first semester (which eats up your holiday time by the way)? You haven't even spent as many hours studying as a 'Cert III in fitness' student at TAFE has. Why do you think they don't place you and tell you to go and find your own? If I was a gym manager the only thing I could tell you to do is go and get coffee.
What's good about it is that it's an ex sci degree (sort of), what's bad is that everyone else's is better, IMO of course.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)