• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Exam preparation (2 Viewers)

RandoM_TerroR

あなたの背中に!
HSC
Hello fellow BoSers uhhhm..
When your preparing for a morning exam do you guys prefer to wake up early in the morning and study or prefer studying deeper through the night and going str8 to school and go for exam? :skip:
Discuss..

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
When your preparing for a morning exam do you guys prefer to wake up early in the morning and study or prefer studying deeper through the night and going str8 to school and go for exam? :skip:
Discuss..
wake up early.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Discuss..
Night before, get an "early" night sleep for the big day ahead. I couldn't study in the mornings of exams lol, I would be so stressed as it is, imagine finding something that you haven't covered quite clearly, you would be freaking out all the way to the exam. And possibly lose self confidence thus affecting your marks. :/

In the mornings I usually just skim over some notes very quickly, to get my brain in gear :D

Last edited:

simmmy

HSC
I wake up early revise. Drive and pump up kyle and jacky o, have a laugh and exam time

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
what I did was, sleep around 12, wake up at about 4:30 just to go over everything quickly.

RandoM_TerroR

あなたの背中に!
HSC
^ 4.5hrs of sleep ONLY?! wow... such a tank, can you concentrate?

Last edited:

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
Bit of both. Study the night before so I can go to sleep feeling confident I know my work, usually around 10-11, then wake up 7am so I have a good hour to read over my notes and get into focus.

2011_

HSC
Last year for my HSC exams I tried to relax for an hour or so the night before, get an early night, and then just go through my notes in the morning - especially anything I struggle particularly with.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Discuss..
well before trials i generally pulled all-nighters for most of my subjects with 2hrs of sleep (except 4 math) somewhere at like 2am, so I suppose I studied deep into the night and woke up very early

i suppose for the hsc i would study until ~12-1 am and wake up at 6-7 to go over everything just to remind myself quickly. except 4 math otherwise i would fail... and except for latin 2/3u which i am planning to pull half-nighters for (2-4hrs of sleep)

HSC
well before trials i generally pulled all-nighters for most of my subjects with 2hrs of sleep (except 4 math) somewhere at like 2am, so I suppose I studied deep into the night and woke up very early

i suppose for the hsc i would study until ~12-1 am and wake up at 6-7 to go over everything just to remind myself quickly. except 4 math otherwise i would fail... and except for latin 2/3u which i am planning to pull half-nighters for (2-4hrs of sleep)
Jesus Christ that's hardcore. How the fuck were you not dead? I didn't really sleep before Eco, but that really reflected in my marks :l.
I... sleep early and wake up 1/2 hour earlier than usual. But I don't go over notes, but rather a sheet of quotes/stats. Lol HSC, gonna fail!

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
Wake up early, around 6am eat a large healthy breakfast and drink heaps of water - hope to flush my bowels and bladder before exams
Revise over notes for remained of time until 1 hour before school time, relax and walk into school looking prepared to intimidate other ppl haha (lol jks)

herbs1

HSC
sleep is for homosexuals...did you know 9 in every 10 homosexual encounters happens in bed? the same place you sleep? Yeah...

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Jesus Christ that's hardcore. How the fuck were you not dead? I didn't really sleep before Eco, but that really reflected in my marks :l.
I... sleep early and wake up 1/2 hour earlier than usual. But I don't go over notes, but rather a sheet of quotes/stats. Lol HSC, gonna fail!
Yah pretty much, that's why I even slept 2 hours cos I was literally like.. can't walk.. /collapse lmao. I've been doing this since year 8 though so it's pretty standard. Idk maybe I got old or complacent (or more likely, fucked up my system), cos yr 8 I literally slept 4 hours the entire week of yearlies, not even kidding.

Lol it really reflected in your marks! What are you suggesting! Tbh I was surprised though when I heard 92% was second lol. Yeah I slept for 1 hour the night before eco and I ended up saying stupid things in the exam that cost me a few marks, "Non-renewable resources create pollution..." "When individuals spend rather than consume..." etc. fml.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
sleep is for homosexuals...did you know 9 in every 10 homosexual encounters happens in bed? the same place you sleep? Yeah...
i would be interested to know the stats on where the other 1 in 10 occur

Glorious

HSC
Pretty sure you're in the train, and in the bus, not on top... This isn't india m8 we ride inside the train.
We use the preposition “on” for transport that you have to step up to in order to board - trains, planes, bicylces too.
and we use “in” for transport like cars and taxis. thats because you have to step DOWN in order to get in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)