• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Estimated UAI for applications (1 Viewer)

Liqqeh

HSC
Ok so UWS medicine and other courses require the school to sign off on an estimated UAI. I think my school uses one of the UAI calculators, just wondering what other schools do? What exactly do they look at when estimating a UAI, trial marks, ranks, etc...?

Also is there a proper method for this, or is it left up to the school on how it's done?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Estimated UAI for applications

They use statistics of previous grades.

My school -
In the years 2000-2007, of the 150 student cohort, on average 11 students achieved 99+ (7%), 23 achieved 98+ (15%),48 achieved 95+ (31%) and approximately 100 students achieving 90+ (62%), with over 98% of students gaining entrance into university.

So obviously if your ranks are within top 31% of the grade, you're likley to get 95+ and so forth.

HSC
gee, i hope they dont do that at my school, and they wont, since we're so small.

cos i know that last yrs yr 12 didnt do too well, with dux of about 76... (so ive heard), and apparently about 6 getting into uni of the 10 that applied...

i assume (and hope) in our case for those of us wanting to apply for courses with predicted uai's needed they'll look at our results, ask our teachers, etc etc

(i am going to need a predicted uai from my school to apply for vet science at csu)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)