• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Enrolment for classes (1 Viewer)

dulcinia

HSC
Hi all. I know there is already a stickied thread on enrolment, but it seems to be inaccessible for the moment - I've tried loading it on different browsers but the thread (and all other stickies for that matter) just turn up blank.

Anyway, I'm a new student deciding on which classes to enrol for. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to schedule my classes, or which classes are the best for a first year student to take? (I think someone once recommended that a new student should take the easiest modules early to build confidence and boost WAM early.) I'm also enrolling for a Gen Ed course (Music and Psychology) for S1 - is this advisable?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

shady145

Banned
HSC
uhh what degree are you doing? have a look at the online handbooks.

chaminda

HSC
Hi Dulcinia, after 8 years of uni I can share some advice lol. In terms of enrolement, depending on your degree, there are a number of options you have.

1.) Go to your faculties web site (if its Law at USYD then go to the main web page and look at the programme structure for current/undergrad students, this should show you what subjects you need to complete in years 1,2,3,4....

2.) Yes 1st year is tough but try to stick with what your programme structure reccomends (you don't have to follow it exactly but it is a good reccomendation so that you complete your degree with ease.....leave the geneds for 2nd year onwards. Normally 2nd year is the year you start studying your degree related subjects while 1st year is very common to many degrees (e.g. engineering: Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Mining...study the same subjects in 1st year).

3.) Select/enrol in the subjects reccomended and BE EARLY to select your tutorial classes (if there are any) so you can avoid inconvenient times.

4.) From 2nd year onwards things start to become more flexible where you can select a variety of subjects and electives.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)