• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Electromagnetic induction Assessment HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

Ringa

HSC
Our Physics class just got an assessment based on the folllowing syllabus point:

Plan, choose equipment or resources for, and perform a first hand investigation to predict and verify the effect on a generated electric current when:
- Distance between the coil and magnet is varified;
- The strength of the magnet is varified
- the relative motion between the coil and the magnet is varified

Note: may bring one A4 pg draft plan of assessment

Could anyone please give me some help on possble experiments I could use and what I should jot down on the A4 page. ASAP!!!

Thanks, much appreciated

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Ringa said:
Our Physics class just got an assessment based on the folllowing syllabus point:

Plan, choose equipment or resources for, and perform a first hand investigation to predict and verify the effect on a generated electric current when:
- Distance between the coil and magnet is varified;
- The strength of the magnet is varified
- the relative motion between the coil and the magnet is varified

Note: may bring one A4 pg draft plan of assessment

Could anyone please give me some help on possble experiments I could use and what I should jot down on the A4 page. ASAP!!!

Thanks, much appreciated
Isn't this a classical experiment where you have a metallic coil with each end attached to the terminals of an ammeter then you insert the magnet through the coil through it (which in turns induces an electric current into the coil when it moves) ?

Ringa

HSC
Yer I believe so but I need answers not questions

fretsonfire74

HSC
This one is piss easy. You basically just have a copper coil attached to a galvanometer (whether it's a digital multimetre or an analogue galvanometer is a different story), and you move the magnet in and out of the coil at different speeds, with more or fewer magnets, etc. So you basically go through and change one variable at a time, then write a discussion etc like normal. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)