• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Eco Half Yearlies (1 Viewer)

evche

HSC
Topics one and Two are being tested (HSC course)
What questions would be expected in the latter essay sections?
Also, how would you best allocate your time of two hours, around two essays, 2 short answers and 15 multiple choice?
Man, I resent this subject more and more by the day! :uhoh:

evche

HSC
Without Wings said:
As to time allocation thats a personal thing. Basically though if you aren't sure move on and come back to it - don't waste time sitting there thinking about something when you could be using that time to work on something else. Also you can use information and insight you gain through the rest of the exam to go back and do answers you had trouble with/add to other answers :)
Ahh i see, they dont give you much though do they? Thanks for the link!

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I try to spend the most time on the essay section (my weakness)
multi choice is norm the quickest.
short answers are normally where my marks are garranteed.

jullian90

HSC
My school is the same (topic 1 and 2 are going to be examined in the 1/2 yearlies next week)
but the only difference is our exams are 3 hours not 2
MY teacher suggested to us that we should spend around 10-15mins on short answer questions (each), <1 on m/c each and for the essay/extended response 5mins planning and 35-40mins on it (time persisting) My teacher suggested for the first 5mins of ur ext. response to create a 'plan' so that you will be able to follow it as a guide because underpressure we might not include bits to our extended response that is needed.
GL with your half yearlies. i know id need it (esp with eco) lol

leoyh

mic`
HSC
some do multiple choice first cause it gets their brain working and builds em up for the later parts of the test, but personally, i prefer doing essay Q's first unless i really have no idea what to write which in that case, i do otehr Q's first and come back to it

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Each essay shoud not take you longer than 45 minutes. Word of adivce for essay, write down the point you are going to mention and keep referring back to them.

As for the essays, they are most likely on topics that you can make plenty of links. Like the effect of the CAD, discussion on your case study economy, the effect and influence on interest rates. Just remeber the key to essay is to write in a orderly and logical fashion (Thats where the point you write down comes in) and make sure you analyse the 2nd and 3rd gerneration issues being discussed.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
I had my half yearly today. I found it pretty easy, but im glad its over because the rest of my assesments (not including maths) are bludgey (experiments, speeches etc)

We had 1 essay (but got to choose out of 2)
They were:
1) effects of a sustained appreciation on the external sector and economic activity
2) something about decreases in protectionism - i cant remember the exact
question as i did the exchange rate one

I just go in logical order when i do eco tests. I know people say that you shouldnt spend more than 40 minutes on an essay, but i figure, if youve got the time, why not use it. So if you leave the essay to the end, then you can spend however long you have extra on it. Also make sure you keep refering back to the question and the stimulus (if it is a stimulus based essay)

seano77

Walk On
HSC
We were told our extended response will be on the impact of globalisation and we have a choice of three for the stimulus response. My guess is they will be exchange rates, issues of balance of payments and causes/consequences of Australia's CAD.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
We has 20 MC
40 Marks short answers

2 essays
CAD or Standards of living

and brazil

i did SOL and brazil

sarlovesyou

HSC
Tariff Diagrams are ALWAYS there some where - Had mine today, and there was a multi choice on it.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was an extended short answer in some other exams as its one of the most common skills.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
sarlovesyou said:
Tariff Diagrams are ALWAYS there some where - Had mine today, and there was a multi choice on it.
Wer had like 10marks on tarrifs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)