• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

easy unit for 2nd semester (1 Viewer)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
phil134 (intro logic) was easy if you like basic mathsy sort of stuff.
Phil131 (mind, meaning and metaphysics) was nice and easy and interesting too.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
acst101 is apparently the easiest...but ull have to compete with all thsoe nerdy actuaries in 2nd sem :p

*hopeful*

HSC
yeh acst101 is pretty simple
mktg101 if ur a reading person

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
SOC180 is easy.. all those sociology and anthropology units are pretty cruisy, so they're good to do if you're interested... but if you're not interested, then it would probably frustrate you, and thus no longer be easy.

Just go through randomly, and pick something that sounds interesting, because you're going to do better in subjects that interest you.

RIZAL

HSC
i'm choosing b/w ECON361 and ECON335....anyone know what is easier?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
wouldnt recommend doing anything that the actuaries are doing.
the person has already done stat170. i'd say have a look at what maths subjects you can do. you can do math135 with me. :D

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
lol yeh some of my non actuary friends r like fuk they realised that actuaries wud b doin 101 next sem :p ... oh well i dont have a chance against the rest of those actuaries except when it comes to english and writing :p

X

xeuyrawp

Yar_Shrabi said:
can anyone recommend an interesting (or easy) unit for elective in the semester coming up.
I'm doing ENGL106 :D, I'm hesitant about English (I never really liked it at school), but what the hey.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Linguistics isn't that bad...and some of it's quite interesting. Basically for the exam and assignments, you just need to know the terms and stuff. I'm doing ling110 this term... and hopefully, i'll fly through it... :)

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
redruM said:
wouldnt recommend doing anything that the actuaries are doing.
the person has already done stat170. i'd say have a look at what maths subjects you can do. you can do math135 with me. :D
ACST101 isn't that bad, even with actuaries in them (besides being dull and boring).

X

xeuyrawp

cro_angel said:
do a 100 level language unit.. that would be interesting if ur thinking of travelling there one day in the future
Can't do that second semester, hunny.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
flyin' said:
ACST101 isn't that bad, even with actuaries in them (besides being dull and boring).
all i am trying to point out is that the presence of the actuaries results in a lower mark. ceteris paribus.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
ceteris paribus LMAO!!!!

yeh im an actuary and im intimidated by the other actuaries (well some of em)..but like they deserve what htey get htey work hard
acst101 looks like easy maths :D:D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
actually the presence of actuaries, all things being equal, doesn't lower marks. not one bit, i'd say.

(apparently the failure rate for econ200 is higher than econ201 BUT actuaries do econ201. so actuaries achieve more higher grades, so less people fail econ201. does this lower the grades for everyone else? possibly, but probably not.

a more simple example, say you score 50 raw, and the typical credit standard is 50 raw, then you'd get a credit ie. 65. this would happen regardless of there being 1 actuary, 2 actuaries, or 4000 actuaries. reason? so long as you satisfy the qualitative definition of the grades, you will be award the grade.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)