• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Diagrams (1 Viewer)

Casper_18

HSC
I had my 4U half yearly today and I had questions on circle geometry. I know all my propreties and such but I find myself getting overwhelmed by the shear amount of info on the diagram.

Any handy hints???

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
I had my 4U half yearly today and I had questions on circle geometry. I know all my propreties and such but I find myself getting overwhelmed by the shear amount of info on the diagram.

Any handy hints???
BIG DIAGRAMS!

This is one of the key ingredients to solving those nasty 4 unit circle geometry problems. Draw them big. Write all necessary stuff into the diagrams. Yet keep them clean, always use rulers and compasses. It pays off to have a cleanly drawn diagram, no matter how long it takes (to an extent) ;)

LOOK FOR CLUES!

Look at the question, if it mentioned tangents, pull up all the rules (in your head) about tangents.

KEEP IN YOUR MIND WHAT YOU HAVE TO FIND!

Just remember, if the test says find the angle, then you probably wont have to consider AX.AY = AB2 and the other rules relating sides. But if the question asks about sides, think about sides. Also keeping in your mind isosceles triangles and how their base angles are equal can work both ways for you =)

P.S. How do you think you went?

Casper_18

HSC
Thanks alot. I am going to do that from here on out.

I am not sure. it was a bitch of an exam. I studied my ass off and though I knew my stuff, but I forgot in in the exam. And then whammy I panicked. So I am not too sure on how I went. I probably did ok. But my standards are high. So I will probably be disappointed

jet

Banned
HSC
Yeh, writing information is useful. You should be able to simply trace the diagram through the page. I personally think using tools to draw it takes longer and you could potentially get the diagram wrong.

Just make sure that, if you have no idea, write down whatever you think is the answer, as they do give marks for 'Progress towards solution'. Never leave a q. out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)