• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Credit transfer from UWS to Usydney (participially maths for engineer!) advice pls (1 Viewer)

dragonxhell

HSC
Hiya, so I have studying at UWS B. of engineering for 1 year and I decided to transfer to usydney@B. mechanical engineer. So during the main round, I got an offer in Usydney & the thing that worry me the most
is that the maths is completely different to each other.
In UWS you are required to pass maths for engineer 1 and 2 but in Usydney you have to do each seperate topic e.g MATH1001 Differential Calculus, MATH1002 Linear Algebra etc...http://sydney.edu.au/handbooks/engineering/undergraduate/schools/aeronautical_mechanical_mechatronic/mechanical.shtml
for UWS maths for engineer 1 seem to cover the first year of Usydney maths(?) here's the unit outline
http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/unit.aspx?unit=200237.2
Is it possible for me to credit transfer maths for engineer 1 for MATH1001, MATH1002, MATH1003 and MATH1005? since I already passed in UWS for those topic

Also I read some where it say maximum credit transfer is 48 points? can someone confirms this for me please
so far these are the course I can think that I can apply for credit transfer
300027 Engineering computing > ENGG1801 Engineering Computing
300464 Physics and materials > ?
300674 Engineering, design and construction practice > ENGG1803 Professional Engineering 1 (i'm pretty sure they are the same)
200237 Maths for engineers 1
30021 Electrical Fundamentals > ELEC2004 Electrical Engineering: Foundations
300462 Engineering and design concepts (this is the same as 300674 but more advanced) > MECHANICAL CONSTRUCTION MECH1400
300463 Fundamentals of mechanics > ENGG1802 Engineering Mechanics
that's all the subject I did during the 1 year @ UWS. If you have any idea/advice please feel free to post below :spin: really appreciate :wavey:

Last edited:

zxreth

HSC
Re: Credit transfer from UWS to Usydney (participially maths for engineer!) advice pl

Contact USYD engineering faculty for specific details. You probably should've done this before you transferred..

dragonxhell

HSC
Re: Credit transfer from UWS to Usydney (participially maths for engineer!) advice pl

bump any idea ?

engineering

HSC
N/A

dragonxhell

HSC

Maximum of 96 credit points.

Did you get an email from the Dean on Thursday? It contained several links to different pages about helping you prepare for enrolment. One of those pages had a section about credit.
http://sydney.edu.au/engineering/futurestudent/undergraduate/commencing/index.shtml#credit
yeah I did got the email, i'll just print out the UWS maths for engineer 1 on the day I accept the offer then ask them about it since in person is much better over the phone & I have already fill out the form. I'm going to hand it in during the enrolment as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)