• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Confused (1 Viewer)

narno

HSC
what is the differewnce between assumed knowledge and recommended. I know it sound straight forward but if something is recommended you dont need to know it right? is it only when it is assumed that you need to know it?

thanks

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
what is the differewnce between assumed knowledge and recommended. I know it sound straight forward but if something is recommended you dont need to know it right? is it only when it is assumed that you need to know it?

thanks
Recommended knowledge is content which would help you grasp the contents of your course, but you don't have to know it.

Assumed knowledge is content which the university won't teach, but assumes that you already know it (usually it's needed to understand and grasp concepts - e.g. many math applications would be common assumed knowledge).

study-freak

Bored of
HSC

thanks
Recommended: Good to have, but not necessary
Assumed: You are assumed to have this knowledge but you can still get into your course without having it.

Edit: +1 to what the-derivative said

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
And if you haven't met the requirements for assumed knowledge and you want to - you can either learn it yourself, or some universities offer bridging courses. :)

jet

Banned
HSC
There's nothing stopping you. YOu just might find that you're slightly out of the loop to start with

Matt2233

HSC
Think of it this way (also i know this is fucked but it works :p )

Doing a course without doing a recomended subject is like running a marathon without the best shoes. You can still win but it might be a tad more difficult.

Doing a course without doing an assumed subject is like starting a marathon 5 minutes late. You can still win but you'll have to work a lot harder then everyone else :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)