• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Completely Screwed? (1 Viewer)

alexwareham2

HSC
So I was looking at what said it was a "comprehensive list" of all the NSW schools ranks and my school happened to not be on the list tthat had 620 or so schools on it. So does that mean that my school just doesn't exist in relation to rankings? Like it is a new school and has only had 3 years worth of HSC's so is there like a minimum number of HSC's before one can get ranked?

And due to this will my ATAR be affected.
These are my ranks/assessment marks/estimated raw marks.

Adv. English- 20/36, 75 %, and 75
Modern History- 2/15, 84%, and 83
Ancient History-7/20, 70%, and 75
Economics- 3/5, 78%, and 80
General Mathematics- 8/82, 85%, and 83
Extension History- 2/4, 83%, and 43/50
Studies of Religion II- 3/25, 82% and 92

Thanks for any help in relation to school ranking and/or an ATAR calculation.

Dylanamali

HSC
School rank is based on the performance of the previous year and so, usually has minimal effect on your situation - it's only an indication of how your school performs on an average basis..
In saying that, if your school cohort is poor - this has the potential to greatly effect your marks as you are currently not 1st in anything.
However, if your school is moderate/good then this could aid you, or maintain your external marks.

With that said, your "estimated" external RAW marks are quite impressive.. as 80's raw in most subjects tend to align up to a b6..

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
My rough estimate with the ranks is at 82.40 +/- 1.000 to 2.000 points and +/- another 1.000 to 2.000 points since I cannot predict your school ranking/scaling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)