• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

competencies (1 Viewer)

simon

I've finished all the competencies except for multimedia and Administer network peripherals. What happens if i don't complete them? Can i finish them off in tafe? And wat proof do i have that i finished all these competencies?

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
aaaah thats an easy one for me to answer. There are core modules which u must complete and there are 4 electives that u must complete. If u dont, u dont get a HSC only a statement of attainment which basically outlines the modules u have completed. @ this stage it is 2 late 4 u to complete the electives and it would be a huge burdon on yourself to wait 4 TAFE 2 offer these two electives.

My suggestion is that u volenteer with someone that does this type of thing in industry and then apply 4 RPL (recognition of prior learning).

As 4 the record keeping your teacher should of handed u a competency log bog and signed u off on all the modules u have completed. If not then hassle them 4 it because it is your only record of u achieving any modules.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Andrew_Blackwel
aaaah thats an easy one for me to answer. There are core modules which u must complete and there are 4 electives that u must complete. If u dont, u dont get a HSC only a statement of attainment which basically outlines the modules u have completed. @ this stage it is 2 late 4 u to complete the electives and it would be a huge burdon on yourself to wait 4 TAFE 2 offer these two electives.

My suggestion is that u volenteer with someone that does this type of thing in industry and then apply 4 RPL (recognition of prior learning).

As 4 the record keeping your teacher should of handed u a competency log bog and signed u off on all the modules u have completed. If not then hassle them 4 it because it is your only record of u achieving any modules.
Hi Andrew, Simon is a friend that goes to my school as well, he's teacher is allowing him to finish off two competancies task off, so yeah, he's main question was if he could just finish the last two off in TAFE and still get the Cert II, but i think he's considering just finishing them off at school so it's cool.

simon

nah i went to school today to finish it. The head teacher told me it was too late and the competencies were sent in last friday. So basically i wasted 2 years, and im caring for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)