• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Commerce (Liberal Studies) (1 Viewer)

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
hey does anyone do this course? i'm doin hsc this year.. thinking of doing this next year cos i wanna do that govt. and intl. relations major

cept i read u can do that in commerce / law as well

how important is it to do law?
which course is more interesting etc..

is a roflcopter
HSC
my friend wants to do this

will the qualification just say B.Com?
because 98.xx just for a plain ol' B.Com is a waste :p

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
hmm.. good question

need to find a good medium between highly competitive course with good job opportunities ($$$) and one that isnt exceptionally boring, high workload and stressful..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Commerce/Law would be a good medium...u dont have to practice Law, u just use your Law skills to advise companies, manage their legal issues etc....or work in the field of commercial law etc

sif not 99

yeah i do the B Com (liberal studies) degree and choose it over doing strait commerce/law even when I had a dodgy backdoor way into a HECS place, hey i did just miss the cut off anyway....

the degree abreviation is B Com (Liberal Studies) by the way

Nick yeah basically at the moment one of my majors is going to be government as well with finance and minor in accounting

its a good degree in so much that you have unlimited choice of subjects basically with no compulsorary commerce pre reqs like stats, accounting 1a and B, micro macro and info systems like a normal commy deg so there is more freedom, even though I've done or am doing most of the pre reqs....

As for wanting to do government and international rels under a com/law degree the problem is that in the first year of ur degree you have no elective units, and you will have to make up the junior govt. credit points from year 2 before you can get onto year 2 senior govt subjects to go make up your major in the subject...if u dont get this email me....

as for what is more interesting you can throw in psycology, mix in some maths, science, history, english, anything with my degree while the combined law is a bit more restrictive.... look up the degree structure for the B Economics and Social Sciences (can be doubled with law) because that is a lot more flexible than the straight B Com...

Alkanes

HSC
Wow nice way to dig up an 8 years old thread haha. And to answer your question, i've never heard of that combo before, triple degrees? *faints*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)