• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Club Mac? (1 Viewer)

Leanne

HSC
hey!

i was told that macquarie gets referred to as Club Mac because u get more holidays there than any other uni. Is that true?

I thought that every uni has the same holidays at the same time.....

Majesty

HSC
N/A
We do get a fair bit of holidays, if i recall correctly USYD or UNSW only have 2 weeks between Semester 1 and Semester 2. We get a whole month on the other hand.

:D

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
some parts of usyd like the camperdown campus get 6 weeks. i know that because my cousin and me are going to melb in the semester break (after skiing)

Last edited:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
actually yes it all works out to be the same. usyd has a stuvac before the 2 week exam period. if you don't have any exams in the second week of the exam period, then you get a longer holiday!!

Leanne

HSC
hehehe..well i love the big break in between semester 1 and 2! cos for once my bday (24th july) will be during the holiday period!! usually its the first week back at school!

Toby

hmm..
I think I'd prefer Stuvac
(last minute cramming :) )

In long breaks... i get extremely idle, and restless, and somehow want to study...

scary thought eh?

Leanne

HSC
omg- i no exactly wat u mean Toby! i mean atm- i'm so desperate to do sumthing- i'll even go as far as homework and studying!!!

by in the winter holidays i'm going to queensland..so i'll have sumthiung to do...

Toby

hmm..
i mean atm- i'm so desperate to do sumthing- i'll even go as far as homework and studying!!!
I wouldnt go that far :p
Just thinking about it... never get around to doing it though

True, holidays are only fun if you... go on a holiday?

Yep, I like stating the obvious

*hopeful*

HSC
i went thru dat desperation stage as well
i actually made an idiot of myself by askin my younger sista if she had any assignments or essays 2 do haha boy did i get laughd at

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Actually I don't think it envened out. I think we still had a week less at least. I know that UNSW has 14 weeks of teaching while macq has 13, which actually means 12.

It is also referred to as Club Macq because a some of the units (especially some humanties/media ones) have low teaching hours per week....like 2!

And another reason (the real one)...the uni has a relaxed vibe. Lazing in the sun... :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by GoodToGo
And another reason (the real one)...the uni has a relaxed vibe. Lazing in the sun... :)
and that's the best thing about the uni. it's so green and nice.

Leanne

HSC
yeah it really is- thats y i was choosing between wollongong or macquarie.....the green grounds and friendly atmosphere

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
he eh i had to choose between mac and usyd..chose usyd..lol..but both are niice and have lotsa wide open spaces filled with grass and trees..hrmm though i guess ill proberbly end up at mac alot..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah syd is nice, except that the grass in the middle is normally fenced off and so you can't sit there, it's only open for orientation, it's pretty though

HSC
yeah!
sydney uni's architecture is soo nice FULLY gothic
uts for me was claustrophobic

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Leanne
i love the architecture !
Yeah...so does Shelley. I haven't really checked out the uni much myself. But I'll be spending a good chunk of my free time there! Gotta give me a tour of the uni and any said-tree Shells ;)

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
its very nice..i love the stained galss windows in the great hall..he he i remeber being thier for that "degree- in - a - day" program they ran, and like for the first 30 mins of the general lecture i was just checking out the architecture..besides the post office is the original from Martin street which was shipped over from england..oh well that little fact impressed me.

ha ha tour of uni..ha ha bring your own map..but i can find my way pretty easy, i think, well to the areas that interest me anyways..besides they have a kick arse cricket field..ahh what id give to play on it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)