• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

cambridge or fitzpatrick for 2 unit? (1 Viewer)

undefined mind

HSC
i know there's a sticky about this but its not specifically for 2 unit (most people were commenting on 3unit)

so what do you recommend for year 12?

fitzpatrick seems kind of shady (i've never heard of it before)
cambridge, i have seen around.

but before i make any purchases i thought i'd hear you opinions

PS i already have one of those damned "maths in focus" books (margret grove) but its a POS.

P

pLuvia

Anyway, I heard cambridge is pretty good with it's 3u and 2u maths. I've been using Fitzpatrick though, it is pretty in my opinion. But it's best to have a variety so you are exposed to different questions.

JhK89

HSC
i dunno the fitzpatrick one but if ur advanced the cambridge one will b good but if ur not too confident dont get it. it wont realli help..

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
If you can do all the questions in either book you should own 2 unit either way. If you want explanations of topics, dont bother with fitzpatrick unless you have another book that explains things well.

Empath

HSC
acmilan said:
If you can do all the questions in either book you should own 2 unit either way. If you want explanations of topics, dont bother with fitzpatrick unless you have another book that explains things well.

What acmilan said.. fitzpatrick has more questions are more complex and harder than the cambridge ones.. but it's good for practice if you're confident with your maths basics.

pulsado

HSC
OK so which textbook expains the work better???? Cambridge or Fitzpatrick????
Are there any other suggestions on textbooks that explain the work really well???

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Fitzpatrick's answers are not really reliable (i.e they are sometimes wrong). Cambridge's answers however, are much more reliable (very rarely wrong).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)