• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Belonging Text - Bible? (1 Viewer)

Lukybear

HSC
My teacher says that for a AOS, any related text can be used to study. This includes posters, pictures, etc...

What about religious texts ie the bible, or perhaps the koran... If belonging theme does exist, are we be able to use them??

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
shut up and stop being a moron, of course you couldn't

kara42

HSC
I was actually wondering this myself yesterday when a friend used a picture of Jesus as his visual text and made a joke about being sure to get an A since we are a Christian school haha.

I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed, but as someone else said, it would be difficult to find techniques and stuff.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
not only that, the markers would be biased against it
you're better off not using it

sarahdee

HSC
don't do it. although, I personally believe that the Bible is the ultimate text on belonging, the markers won't. they may feel patrionised in the fact that you are enforcing your beliefs on them.. and you personally may be swayed away from the actual rubric.

plus, my school is Christian and they advise not to.

gurusson

HSC
its actually quite a common piece of ad mat,, fot this reason do not use it as ur ad mat gets more marks if it reflects a wide variety of reading experiences...thats in the rubric

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
If you can't analyse it from an independant and unbiased (hint: non-religious) stand point, then don't use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)