• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B Science/B Arts (1 Viewer)

kaitoufion

HSC
Hi hi,

If you are doing the combined degree B Science/Arts, do you still have a chance to do 1 or 2 courses from other faculty like Accounting or Management during those 4 years? Or are you just stuck with Science & Arts subjects for the 4 years?

If this combined degree requires me to fill all my credit points from Science & Arts subject, can I overload and do courses outside Science & Arts even if it isn't required for the degree?

Thank you.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Probably not because those are from the Commerce Faculty aren't they? and the combined degree is very tight already.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Nope, I'm in 2nd year Science/Arts and I do believe you're restricted to only Arts and Science units.

You cannot overload in ANY subjects unless you have at least a Credit average in all your subjects (65+) and you can suffiently prove that you will be able to cope with the workload.

You can email the Science Student Office for more info. sso@unsw.edu.au

This is the course description from the 2005 UNSW Handbook.

The combined degree of BSc BA, program 3930, enables students to complete a major sequence from those available in Table A for Science (see program 3970 – Philosophy and History and Philosophy of Science may not be included), in addition to a major sequence in a school, department, or program of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. The duration of the degree program is normally four years full-time.

The total units of credit required for this program is 192. Students are required to undertake courses totalling 84 units of credit from both the Science and the Arts components of this combined degree. The remaining 24 units of credit may be from either area. The Arts component must include an approved major sequence of 42 units of credit (refer to Lists A and B of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences rules in the Arts Faculty section of the Handbook).

Students should enrol in at least 24 Level I units of credit and no more than 36 Level I units of credit within either the Science or the Arts component of the program. For the Arts component, no more than 12 units of credit can be taken in any one school or department.

For admission to the program, students must satisfy the entry requirements to Science, as well as to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.

This degree is administered by the Faculty of Science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)