• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B Psychology? (1 Viewer)

morgue

I was wondering if anyone has either done or is doing a B in Psychology (doesn't matter what uni) cuz I want to know what the course is like and what sort of things u learn. I am really interested in the subject.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
http://ccdb.newcastle.edu.au/courseinfo/displayprogram.cfm?docid=210&FOS=12&UGPG=13

hmm..out of the subjects listed, i can only speak for a couple...
biol1010 or 1120 is bloody awesome, but really only has significance to a few weeks in psyc1020..lets see, what did we do...environmental kinda stuff, then enzymes/respiration/fermentation, then photosynthesis, then genetics, then fertilization.

psyc1010/1020 are ok, bit tedious at times (reading 19 journal articles and writing 2000 words on the effects of spanking children)...hmm in first semester (1010) you do developmental, social, intelligence/personality and health psych. sem 2 (1020) you do brain (kinda biology), motivation/emotion, learning, perception, memory thought and language

Phil1060 is pretty wanky...well its not that bad...but as a BSc student, i dont really like it (but then, i did have to write 630 words ripping apart science, but anyways)

and although i dont do it, from what i can gather, Info1010 is pretty much just like yr 9/10 computer studies and 11/12 ipt

Ashleet

HSC
i'm doing a B arts / B Laws majoring in psych, planning on doing psych honours, so yeah i basically do a psych degree as my arts degree.

im currently doing psyc 102 (intro to psychology semester 2 ) and psyc 103 (psyc in society - current issues) at UNE.At the moment its a really awesome course as we are donga little bit of work on psychological disorders - in our lab sessions we had to diagnose people off a video. Semester 1 intro was very very dry, with a few interesting elements (teaching a computerised rat how to feed itself), but overall its a really good course.

Assessment wise, be prepared to read alot of journal articles - our assessment was a 2000 word essay on the long and short term psychological effects of marijuana smoking (pretty easy) and a research participation task (in which we are now using our results for a practical report).

I highly recomend this course!!!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
OMG. Psyc is so boring....maybe it's just me. First session psyc was about social stuff. Not very scientific.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)