• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

arts/law (1 Viewer)

Jillby

hey everyone i'm year 12 at Macarthur Anglican School i'm interested in doing a combined arts/law degree so if anyone who does it and would like to inform me that would be great! i'm not really sure how the whole combining thing works and what UAI you need, any info would be appreciated thanx!

santaslayer

HSC
probably be a 92-93ish this year...

i know about the law side if u have any questions...
but Ms12/ suz & co. could fill u in Re the arts side?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I think with the changes to HECS it will be at least 92, but no higher than 93 I think.
Law is pretty good if its your thing, I love it but I know some people are totally bored cos its really not their thing.
Arts is ok, I do politics and history and was doing soc up until last week (sociology sucks--DON'T DO IT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!)
Arts at Wollongong is a pretty relaxed faculty. Im changing from Arts to Commerce next semester cos I find it hard to do arts subjects knowing that they have zero relevance to my career, but I know some ppl love it for that exact reason.
My advice is to go to the open day, read up on the course and subjects, compare with other unis and then make your decision.

suz

HSC
hey like Ms 12 I do arts/law and absolutely LOVE IT
Sometimes I get a bit bored with law lolz but it is good, I don't hate it as others do
Arts is fantastic. i knew I wouldn't like commerce which is why I chose arts
Like ms 12 said it is extremely flexible
I too do politics and history as well as Italian
I'm loving all aspects of my arts part except a particular lecture *hint hint*
The good thing about the arts is I can use italian and go to uni overseas or take international studies as a minor which is what I want
I really recommend it, especially at Wollongong its great
If you have any specific questions I will be happy to answer

misskitty2058

Yaaaaarrrrr!!
HSC
I agree at the moment I really like my degree, and suprisingly I'm enjoying the law side. I do Politics, History and Australian studies and although like Ms 12 said they will probably have no relevance to my career it gives me a break from law, and can give u extra qualifications like Suz said, and you will walk out with 2 degrees by the time u finsihed (even though thats 5 years). Lol I'm glad I didn't do sociology, I signed up for it but withdrew at the last minute. U have to have 18 credit points for Arts and 10* I think credit points for law, so u have 3 arts subjects and 2 law subjects.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Arts at Wollongong is a pretty relaxed faculty. Im changing from Arts to Commerce next semester cos I find it hard to do arts subjects knowing that they have zero relevance to my career, but I know some ppl love it for that exact reason.

yayyy!!!!!......go the BComm/LLB!
another converted individual to join the almighty (not to mention intellectual) group! :p

santaslayer

HSC
Ms12 these are the majors u can do for BComm (u are allowed to do a double major, or a major and a minor):

1)Accountancy ( u hafta minor in bussiness law to get accredited. ie. CPA or CA)
2) Business information Systems
3) Business Law (LLB students are unable to major in this )
4) Economics
5) Finance
6) Financial Planning
7) HRM
8) International Business
9) Logistics
10) Management
11) Marketing

start choosing!

(try typing the majors and minors u can do for arts suz, that'll be hectic...lol)

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I already decided on my major, human resources management, and if I have to do a minor it will be management

suz

HSC
Katelyn you wasted no time lol
I still don't really know what I want to major in lolz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)