• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Art in Communication (1 Viewer)

allGenreGamer

Is anyone currently studying the bachelor of arts in communication? If so, mind telling me what it involves? I am interested in the "visual communication" (e.g. digital media) and writing (I want to become a fiction/non-fiction writer) degrees.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
vis comm is a different course, the digital media one would be media arts and production I think?

I'm doing communications, but I do journalism. Basically, in the first year the degree involves lots of general stuff like media, cultural and historical subjects and the start of your professional subject. In second and third years its just media studies, your professional subject, and electives.

Not much is involved in first year lol. Just show up to class and hand in your assignments and thats about that.... it does get harder though.

Someone who is interested in the specific areas you are might be able to give more advice.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Your whole first semester sounds like my Nanosciences subject...only Nano will be getting me US$60K per annum :p

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
sounds like you might also be interested in BA Communications (Writing & Contemporary Cultures).

as far as visual communication goes, head over to the design faculty cos its nothing to do with humanities or the BA Comm degrees :D sounds like a pretty interesting course though! i thought about doing it myself

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Not much is involved in first year lol. Just show up to class and hand in your assignments and thats about that.... it does get harder though.
how i wish i had pass/fail subjects...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
That figure was the graduate salary of course, not the target career income. :)

Edit: the comment about law hurt :(

Last edited:

frazzle

HSC
visual communication

i'm very interested in that course, seriously thinking of doing it next year, either that or going to a fine arts college...

does anyone do that course?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
yep

i do it (viscomm, that is).

it's pretty cool. what did you want to know about it?

frazzle

HSC
cool! what year are you in?

i'm just interested in what you do in the course, if you find it good etc.

what aspect of design does it focus on? how does it differ from, say, fine arts from COFA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)