• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

archaeology and changing interpretations (1 Viewer)

dfm

HSC
wats this topic all about? do we just need 2 kno the different, prominent archaeologists that worked on the site and the contrasting purposes and methods they brought to the excavations? and things like lazer and the new conclusions we can draw from bone analysis etc e.g they were generally in good health? wat else?

boris2003

HSC
lazer ?, am it would be good to know the new technology and research,
there are some good points in the book "Secrets of Vesuvius", talks about timber in pompeii and the wrong and right colnclusions, about the basilica, the brothels, various projects, project of naples, etc.
Anyway i would to like to see some brief info on changing interpretations.
Prominent archeologists include fiorelli and amadeo, (19th and 20th century), that how they contributed to the future generations of archeologists.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
boris2003 said:
lazer ?, .

I am not sure if you realise that Estelle Lazer did her Ph.D on the bones from Pompeii and concluded that those who died there represent a full cross-section of the population not the elderly, young and infirm as had been the theory for so long.

Wallace-Haddrill, at a lecture I attended last year in Rome, described her as the 'foremost expert on the bones of Pompeii'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)