• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Am I eligible for a youth allowance? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi.

Im 18.

Going to uni (full time) this year.

Dont have a current job / not getting one this year.

Both parents work.

Am I elegible for a youth allowance?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Look, you fucking idiot, no one knows.

How about you ring up Centrelink` and actually ask?

Hypermelon

HSC
well if you live with your parents, to receive the maximum payment, combined total household income must be less than ~$30 000 and to get the minimum, ~54000 or less. youd only get like $5.56 a fortnight lol.
i think...
If you were not living with your parents eg. interstate uni, it would be a different situation
just check out their website. btw this info isn't on their website, its from a leaflet or something for centrelink

Last edited:
HSC
well if you live with your parents, to receive the maximum payment, combined total household income must be less than ~$30 000 and to get the minimum, ~54000 or less. youd only get like $5.56 a fortnight lol.
i think...
If you were not living with your parents eg. interstate uni, it would be a different situation
just check out their website. btw this info isn't on their website, its from a leaflet or something for centrelink
K thanks =]

I was just wondering lol, I wasn't actually intending to get one even if I was eligible.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I still dont get why people who live with their parents think they need youth allowance... (not you conquerdiscover, just generally)

Lori.

HSC
even if you'd live away from home, you wouldnt be eligible unless you've worked full time for 18 months or part time for 24 months and had made a certain amount of money during that time

HSC
I still dont get why people who live with their parents think they need youth allowance... (not you conquerdiscover, just generally)
:0 may cat..

well sum ppl who live with their parents might want a youth allowance to buy stuffz they want.

but i dont want one regardless. one of my friend was talking about how he has sum youth allowance thing which got me curious.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
These threads cunt me up the a hole so bad, for fucks sake.

There is a fucking phone number. Ring it.

Better yet, haul your arse into Centrelink and fucking ask them. That's what they're paid for. You're going to have to go and see them if you decide to apply anyway, SO PREEMPT THE FUCKING ATTACK AND JUST GO DO IT.

HSC
even if you'd live away from home, you wouldnt be eligible unless you've worked full time for 18 months or part time for 24 months and had made a certain amount of money during that time
well, thanks for pointing that out..

HSC
These threads cunt me up the a hole so bad, for fucks sake.

There is a fucking phone number. Ring it.

Better yet, haul your arse into Centrelink and fucking ask them. That's what they're paid for. You're going to have to go and see them if you decide to apply anyway, SO PREEMPT THE FUCKING ATTACK AND JUST GO DO IT.
lol what did the first sentence of ur post meant? made me lol'l coz it coz it sounded like hobo talk.

well if you've read the previous post, I dont want to apply even if i was eligible, i just wanted a quick yes or no answer with a little detail. no use askin centrelink if i didnt want one anyways + phone bills these days are getting expensive. =]

Andi0390

HSC
For future reference, perhaps for people searching for this thread. Youth Allowance can be a real bitch to get, and I don't blame you for asking before you in, because I would imagine that they would not give you a straight answers and then drag you through so much stuff.

If you are living with both parents chances are you will not get it all. If you are living with one, and they are on very low income, you may get up to $170 a fortnight, but once you earn over about $100 a week they start deducting money.

If you want to move out on your own, you have to prove you are independent. Even if you live out of home centrelink does not class you as independent until you are like 25. You have to earn certain amounts money or prove it is unreasonable to live at home. I don't know how moving to a uni effects it.

Was anyone else screwed by centrelink between end of year 12 and uni enrollment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)