• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Alias!!!!!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

minalata

HSC
oh my goodness this is one of my most absolute fav shows on tellie!!

i was wondering if ne1 knew when the fourth season starts on tellie...oh and for other fans out there, there is going to be some alias convention on May 28th in sydney and confirmed guests are, sark and MARSHALL... theres more info on this site... (sox cant remember now) but its $100 to get in so good luck finding the $$

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
alias is cool, but i would only go to a convention if jennifer garner was there.
Dunno when season 4 starts but its on in america....

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I have heard that season four will be returning at around June or July. I wish they had of aired it at the start of this season in February (along with season four of "24"). I can't wait to know what that confidential record was that Sydney found in the season three finale. I think I will start downloading season four from America next week:D.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
minalata said:
oh my goodness this is one of my most absolute fav shows on tellie!!

i was wondering if ne1 knew when the fourth season starts on tellie...oh and for other fans out there, there is going to be some alias convention on May 28th in sydney and confirmed guests are, sark and MARSHALL... theres more info on this site... (sox cant remember now) but its $100 to get in so good luck finding the $$
Oh Alias, how I love thee. I would go that convention thing without a moments hesitation if Sloane/Ron Rifkin was going to be there. Although Marshall is cool.

But anyway, as you could tell from my name, Alias is +good. And Sloane is ++good. 24 is also excellent.

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
i've been watching the reruns that have been on late at night, but now that the tennis is on again they have been taken off. the last ep i saw was the one where garner wakes up in hong kong 2 years later than she thought. what season is that?

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
It definitely won't be back before the mid-year period, so June/July sounds reasonable.

And I'm definitely going to the convention, David Anders is worth way more than that. ;)

minalata

HSC
http://fsf.net.au/

thats the site that has all the info you need about the alias convention
err...sark... ive always been a michael vartan fan meself.. that guy is the hottest man in the universe!!!

and sloane is cool...his glasses ALWAYS make me laugh...

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Sloane has new glasses in season 4 - very stylish, only slightly Harry Potter. :uhhuh:

Vartan is old and wrinkly. ;)

I just wish I had the money to go to the Melbourne con as well. :(

SDuke

HSC
midnight said:
Sloane has new glasses in season 4 - very stylish, only slightly Harry Potter. :uhhuh:

Vartan is old and wrinkly. ;)

I just wish I had the money to go to the Melbourne con as well. :(
YES vartan is old...he always have the same look and it's OLD, they should replace him with sum1 that is much younger

olay

HSC
aww i think vartan is a cutie :D friend wanted me to go to the convention w/ her but as much as i want to, i am a poor sack and should really save the $$$ for more practical things :( but she said she'd try to get marshall's sig for me :D hehe

p.s. season 3 alias is out on dvd now :D

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
Argonaut said:
It's predictable with every episode being the same (even the producers admit it - read the letter the camera zoms in to at each new location in one of the seasons and it spells 'EVERY EPISODE THE SAME') - Jennifer Garner just leaps around kicking as over and over and over and over and again in a variety of 'exotic' locales in what has to be the most unconventional spy wardrobe ever.
Alias? The same show that is renowned for its plot-twists? Predictable? No. But I must admit, to the untrained eye, I could imagine that it might seem to have a certain aspect of predictability. But personally if there is one, I doesn't bother me!

Season 4 of 24 isn't bad. Personally I didn't like Season One, I enjoyed Season two a fair bit, and Season Three was a little disappointing (but I still enjoyed it); as such I've got big hopes for Season 4.

midnight said:
Sloane has new glasses in season 4 - very stylish, only slightly Harry Potter.
Hehe. I always giggle when I see his glasses. Very - err, interesting choice. However it is such a nice contrast between his very formal suits that he wears, and his lime green Harry Potter-y glasses! Ah, got to love him.

Does anyone else Find Jack/Victor Garber to be hilarious? He has such a dry/macabre wit and some of his scenes with Syd are priceless.

minalata

HSC
hehe go olay..... i dnt care how old vartan is he is just sooo damn hot...and that look- the one where he is just oh so worried...sigh...

haha i love jack....espeacially in season two with irina and there was that whole spy family thing happening...seeing him with irina made me laugh
the bloopers on the dvds are espeacially funny...cos you think garber would be serious in real life...but he seems real down to earth and he's always stuffing the scence up cos he's laughing

hehe my fav slone glasses ...are from a way back...i think he wore it on some hill in nepal.... but they made me crack up aloud..hehe

wow i didnt actually think ppl were going to actually go to the convention...but looks like its quite popular....hopefully there will be another one next yr with more ppl..........

we'll have to get sumone to tell us all about it on this forum

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
I wonder whether someone in the wardrobe department chose the glasses or whether they're something Ron would actually wear!

Up until season 4 Alias was rarely self-contained episodes, and so certainly wasn't predictable most of the time. I don't know of any show where the 'bad guys' always win, so it's fairly safe to always assume that good will defeat evil when there's 5 minutes left of the episode.
I'd be interested to know where the push throughs say that every episode is the same too.

Jack is a great character, and Victor is such a fantastic actor. Despite all of the bad things Jack's character does, you can't hate him.
And I can think of two particularly hilarious season 4 moments where Victor just owns the scene. It's a nice change from the obvious Weiss/Marshall humour.

It's not all that surprising that lots of people are attending the convention, Alias is considered to be a bit of a 'cult hit' show, and so the loyalty of the viewers extends to them wanting to go to conventions.
If this one is really popular it's possible that there would be others, I think they've had a few in the UK already.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Because Felicity was like that too? :rolleyes:

JJ didn't create Lost on his own. Apart from sharing an actor and some staff, the two series really don't have anything in common.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
midnight said:
Jack is a great character, and Victor is such a fantastic actor. Despite all of the bad things Jack's character does, you can't hate him.
And I can think of two particularly hilarious season 4 moments where Victor just owns the scene. It's a nice change from the obvious Weiss/Marshall humour.
Great acting all around; I’m especially pleased that they are giving Marshall/Weisman a chance to grow as a character. I smiled when I saw he snapped back at Vaughn in one of the first Season 4 episodes (the one with the English wife beater, and Syd infiltrated his house by pretending she had experienced a car accident.)

I'm not sure about Season 4 - while the latest episode was good (“Oops, looks like they've got a head-start. Sorry.”), I'm missing the feeling that the episodes where linked; Season 4 episodes seem more, as you mentioned 'self-contained'.

But I’m sure J.J won’t disappoint us. Well, at least I hope he won’t.

If anyone’s going to the convention they should take pictures, and then share them for all to see!

SDuke

HSC
So far season 4 is pretty lame and predictable, the same mission, infiltrate the bad guys base and let Sydney do her thing.
Perhaps it's to attract more audience, but so far it's a let down...hopefully it will get better

*fingers cross*

minalata

HSC
ive read some acrticles that season four are more self contained eps, cos they are airing after lost in the us, and so they hoping to attract more viewers... so they bascially strating from the beginning.....ive also read that we'll get some more rambaldi stuff thrown in later on in the series....

im quite enoying the season 4 eps so far... more character developement..;. dnt read on ..contains spoliers... when marshall piled on the pizza on his plate and said he was going to give it to his son hehe.... also when nadia and marshall were talking and then weiss came in and mouthed "you're married" to marshall...

hehe and please take piccies of marshall ...cos he looks soo different in real life..

has anyone noticed that in season 4 sloane and vaughn have got that stubble thing happening??? ( not that im complaining :) )

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
SDuke said:
So far season 4 is pretty lame and predictable, the same mission, infiltrate the bad guys base and let Sydney do her thing.
Perhaps it's to attract more audience, but so far it's a let down...hopefully it will get better
That's exactly what they're doing - too many people bitched about Alias being 'too difficult' for them to start watching and so in an attempt to get more viewers they've changed the format around. Also, they're understandably running out of ways to involve agencies of terrorists [K-Directorate, Covenant, Alliance] that they used to, and having the 'old gang' take them down.
It's different, but I don't think it is necessarily bad. Rather than being a show that entertains you and makes you question things, it's just the 40 minutes of entertainment and then you're ready to move on to the next episode.
Some of the differences could also come from the different writers they're using this season; although a lot of people have been pleased with the fact that the new writers are using links to things characters have said or done in past episodes, which is a technique the regular writers rarely used.

What you'll see with this season is that they've moved around episodes - Ice was meant to air after WTLibertyVillage, and the episodes with Sark have been moved too. The new format allows them to do that, and I suppose it works okay.

I definitely do like the minor character development. When it starts to become 'The Sydney and Vaughn Show' it alienates parts of the audience, so I think for every S/V moment there needs to be something from the other characters to balance it out.
The scenes with Marshall, Nadia, Weiss and even Dixon give people like me back a part of the reason why they enjoy the show.

I'll make sure I take my camera along to the convention, hopefully I can get some good pictures.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Sad [?] news, the conventions had to be postponed because Kevin Weisman is getting married.

I think the organisers are hoping to hold another one at the same time next year.

I'll have to wait to see David. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)